Chapter 4.

Lunch was great. Darren kept hitting on Grace the whole time, and she kept turning him down.

Two days passed after that, and Ashton kept surprising me with cute gestures, just like I wanted and just like he promised he would. It was Friday, and my first date with Ashton.

The last period ended and I collected what I needed from my locker and was about to leave, but when I closed the locker, i was face to face with a very angry Bianca.

"Bianca." I said with the fakest smile I could master.

"What are you doing with Ashton?" She just blurted out.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me Maisie, Ashton never looked at you before, why now?"

"I think you should ask him that." I said and walked passed her. But she didn't let go and she caught up with me.

"Do you like him?" She asked stopping me by standing in front of me.

"I do." I nodded. I didn't know why I said that, I didn't like him like that. I just liked him as a friend.

"Well you better break it off, before you regret it." She said.

"Or what?" Suddenly we heard another voice and turned around to see Ashton with a confused look.

"Ashton hey." Bianca said shocked.

"Are you threatening my girlfriend Bianca?" He moved closer putting an arm around me.

"No!"

"Well it seemed like you were. Get this in your head Bianca, I will never like you like that, you're great but not for me, and you and your friends need to understand that we are not friends. I don't make friends with people who use me to get popularity. And if I ever see you talking to Maisie again, well let's just say you're gonna regret messing with me." And with that we left.

This was a side to him that I've never seen before. This Ashton was not who everyone at school knew.

I can't believe he stood up for me like that, the way he defended me like i really am his girlfriend. That was just so sweet. Sometimes I got this feeling that he was taking this more seriously than me. Like it was all real to him, it wasn't pretend, that maybe a part of him actually cared about me and even maybe liked me. But then I think, of course he's taking it seriously, I'm paying him after all, he's just doing his job.

"Thanks." I said.

"You're welcome babe. Anytime." He kissed my forehead then gave me a smile and walked to his car while I got in Grace's.

She spend the whole day with me,after we went home, we ordered a pizza, watched a movie together, just talked about anything, and then she helped me do my hair, my make up and helped me decide what to wear for my first date with Ashton.

He texted me an hour earlier saying he'll pick me up at 8:30 pm exactly.

We finally picked a little black dress, with black heels, not too high I don't wanna fall on my ass.

Grace went home after that, and it was just me and my parents waiting for Ashton to come pick me up.

It was exactly 8:30 pm when the doorbell rang.

"The boy's on time." My dad said impressed.

My mom went and opened the door.

"Hello Mrs. Morgan."

"Hello Ashton. Oh you look so handsome." She said making him slightly blush.

My dad escorted me to the door.