Chapter 6.

The exams were over and it was officially summer.
I invited Ashton and Darren to my house and Grace too of course, on the last day of our exam which was Thursday. We had lunch together and spent the whole day in the pool.

It was 11:50 pm at night that day and I was reading in my room when I heard something strange.

Like someone was pounding on my window. I put the book down and waited for it to happen again and it did. It was as if someone was throwing rocks at my window. I got up and walked over to my window and opened it.

Ashton was there with rocks in his hands and he threw another one which landed on my face.

"Ouch! I'm here you idiot." I whisper yelled.

"Sorry." He whisper yelled back.

"What are you doing here?"

"Get dressed and come down."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Maybe. But I promised you a year of adventure and fun right? I'm taking you out on a midnight adventure. Now get your ass down Morgan."

I did as I was told. I put on some jean high waisted shorts and a black crop top adding a plain white kimono on top of it. As I slipped on my black converse I grabbed my phone and keys and was about to sneak out when I saw light coming from the living room.

Shit.

I could tell my parents. They wouldn't mind. But the whole fun was in the sneaking out part. It wouldn't be an adventure if I told them I'm going out and just walked out the front door.

"What's taking so long?" I heard from outside.

I told him that my parents are awake.

"Jump!"

"No you seriously must be out of your mind Holmes. I still have a year to live and I plan on keeping it that way. I ain't dying tonight."

"I'll catch you just jump you wimp."

I got in my 'who you calling wimp' mode and stepped out on the roof.

"You better catch me." I said before jumping and landing on top of him and knocking him down on the floor.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You're so fucking welcome." He groaned in pain.

"Ashton, are you okay?"

"Yep, it's just that you crushed me."

"Oh come on I'm not that heavy." I said getting off him.

I may have not been heavy but my jump did knock him down pretty bad.
I mean I wasn't hurt, but that's because he broke the fall and got hurt in the process.

"Who's the wimp now?" I smirked.

After he got off the ground we drove off to a nearby ice cream shop.

"You dragged me out of the house to get ice cream?!" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not just any ice cream. But the best ice cream you'll ever taste."

And he was right. It was the best ice cream I have ever tasted.
After that we got in the car again and I realized that he was driving to the direction of my house.

"That's it?" I asked.

He looked at me confused.

"This was the midnight adventure? It only took us like 15 minutes. I didn't jump off from the roof just to eat ice cream. I could have done that with Grace." I said.