Chapter Four

I sat on a log in the forest outside. Star calmed down a few moments ago but was still on edge. She was ranting on about our dads but I had tuned her out.

I clicked my finger and instantly a flame was at my fingertips. This was one of my powers. Controlling the elements. I liked to use them as much as possible but it's dangerous when I'm mad and disastrous when Star takes over. But now that she has calmed down it's okay.

The flame disappears so I use my hand to lift water out of the puddle in front of me. I make patterns in the air as a smile graces my lips. Using my powers has always calmed Star down. I carefully put the water back.

Next, I put my hand above a small stem on the ground. It was beginning to grow so I just speeded up the process. I watched as the stem got taller, bigger, sprouting into a beautiful purple flower.

When I finished with that, I moved onto my last element. Air. I held my palms face down beside my body. I pushed air out of my hands as I gently lifted off the ground. When I first learned this I could last for a few seconds. Now? I can last for hours and I can move around easily too. I dropped to the ground.

I used my senses and incredible hearing to locate a rabbit nearby. I covered my scent and turned invisible. I crept stealthily through the trees,eyes on my prey. I got so close,I literally plucked the rabbit off the ground. The poor thing didn't have time to react. I teleported back to the clearing where my log was waiting.

What else do I need to do? Ah,my forcefield.

I created a whirlwind of fire using the elements;air and fire. I then put a forcefield around it to contain it. I won't make that same mistake again. I had been practicing the same way but I didn't make the forcefield in time. The fire went out of control and I burned down part of the forest. I blacked out after that. Using my powers can sometimes take its toll.

Now my last power,(that I know of..) healing.I looked around the ground and found a sharp rock. I picked it up and held it above my palm. I dragged it across watching the crimson pour out. It would heal straight away with me being a strong werewolf so I had to make it deep.

I dug the rock in deeper causing me to wince. I gasped. It hurt like a bitch. I started to feel dizzy. I would have to do this quick before I pass out.

I placed my other hand over it and concentrated. I felt a warm glow and then I felt my cut close up. That didn't get rid of my headache though. I placed two hands on the side of my head. I felt the familiar warmth and then I was better. I love having powers. I smiled to myself.

That's enough practicing for today. Star has been quiet during the practice. She must have calmed down but just as I thought things were going good,Stars anger starts to build up as we approach the house. I sigh. She wasn't going to let this go.

I opened the front door, ignoring the calls and questions from my dads and sprinted upstairs. I wanted to hug and talk to my dads but Star wasn't having it. I lay on my bed, not able to concentrate from Star pacing back and forth ready to kill someone.

"Night Star." I whisper.

"I'm sorry Skylar, Night."

"It's okay" was the last thing I said before sleep overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again for reading!

Vote

Comment

Sinead xx