Chapter Eighteen

The next morning I wake up in my own bed. I smile to myself. Cam must have brought me up to bed last night. I instantly sadden once I remember why I was at the hospital wing.

Lea's death.

I slowly get out of bed not able to move any faster. When I am finished with my shower and dressed in denim shorts and a floral top, I make my way downstairs.

I hear soft singing coming from a few doors down. I frown as I cautiously make my way to the bedroom. Leas room.

I gulp as I gently push open the door expecting to see a blond haired girl with soft blue eyes and bouncy curls looking up at me as she sings her favourite song. But I am greeted with silence.

Nothing.

I'm think I'm going crazy! Yup that's it. I'm just still shocked over the news and my mind is making things up. I wipe away the tears that escape my eyes. It felt like she was really here. Like it never even happened.

I take a deep breath to calm my racing heart. I close the door and walk the rest of the way to the kitchen. I am greeted by a heavy atmosphere. Everyone knows of the death of our pack member by now. Cam walks to me and wraps me in a tight comforting hug. He knew something was wrong but he probably thought it had to do with Leas death.

If only he knew I'm actually scared shitless because I swear I heard her voice. I sit in silence eating breakfast with Cam and my dads in the dining room. We are making small talk when the double doors open and in walks Dakota and Marc looking solemn followed by....

WTF?..Lea?!

There she was trailing behind her parents. Blond hair, soft curls, doe blue eyed 7yr old girl! Yup that's definitely her. I stare at her dumbfounded. I think I'm going to be sick.

Why is she here? This can't be possible. Marc and Dakota take their seats talking quietly with some pack members. Why hasn't anyone seen her?

"Sky? You okay?" Cam asks worry etched on his face. I nod my head like a robot.

"You look like you have seen a ghost." You're telling me.

I slowly stand up seeming in to be in a trance like state, my eyes locked with Leas. She stares at me wide eyed.

"I'm not feeling too well. I'm going to go to my room, excuse me." I rush before running to my room. I shut the door and lock it. I slide down the door putting my head between my legs as a wave of nausea hits me.

This isn't possible. This isn't possible. I chant. I'm just seeing things.

"Hi!" a little voice says. I squeal looking up. I nearly piss my pants.

Sitting there in a frilly white dress is Lea looking at me with her adorable blue eyes.

"Lea?"I ask stupidly. Cut me some slack. I'm talking to someone who is supposed to be dead.

"You can hear me?" she asks looking shocked. I nod my head slowly.

She gasps running to me and throwing her arms around me. I thought she was going to run right through me but it was like she was really there. Living. I hug her tightly.

"So am I dead?" she whispers. I nod and she sobs in my arms. I cradle her until she quietens down.

"Then how come you can see me but no one else can?" she hiccups.

"I think its one of my new powers." I tell her finally realising what this means.

I can see dead people! Oh Joy!

I hear someone coming up the stairs and I know straight away that its Cam. I mindlink him.

* "Cam?"