Chapter Eight

Why? Why now? There's too many. I might have to use my powers. Oh Great. The Alpha and Beta start giving out orders but I'm trying to find a weakness with the not so friendly, mad angered rogues that are here for one purpose only.

To kill.

I spot the leader of the rogue group and I notice that the other wolves listen to his every word. Take him out and the rest will be easy. I smile evilly to myself. 

I look back. The crowd I was with has gotten smaller in the few minutes that I've been standing here as parents took their children into the packhouse for safety. I watch as men who I presume are the pack warriors along with other members who are mateless and willing to fight, ready themselves before the Alpha. 

They were fast. Impressive. Maybe I won't need to show my powers after all.

I turn to the trees and scan the rogues. I stop at the leader. He growls signaling the attack. The alpha growls feircely causing everyone to bow due to his power except me. We run towards the rogue, killing them as they come. They were dead in a few minutes. 

* "Mmmm Wow that was easy." Star says.

* "I know." I say skeptically.

Just as the Alpha tells everyone that its safe to come out, I hear a twig snap. It wasn't near me. No. It was near the Luna who was the first out to check for casualties. I run forward just as the rogue is about to attack. The Alpha sees me and thinks I'm about to attack. 

* "Stupid Alpha, thinking everything was okay." Star grumbles.

I leap over him and touch down in front of the Luna. The rogue jumps out of the trees trying to be stealthly but failing miserably. I chuckle. He surprises everyone but me and I see satisfaction on his face from scaring the pack by his sudden appearance. He opens up his mouth ready to attack the Luna who was supposed to be standing where his jaw latches on. But no. That was me. His teeth sink into my shoulder. I howl in pain as his canines cut deep into my flesh.

I wouldnt allow Star to shift even if she really wanted to. How would I explain to them that I'm a rare silver wolf? Ya no thanks. Don't need anymore drama. 

I growl loudly causing members of the pack to bow their heads, their wolves submitting to Star. I struggle to get out of his grip so I use the element air to push him off. I just made it look like I kicked him hard in the stomach causing him to fly through the air. I run to him watching his eyes grow wide. I leap on top of him still in human form and snap his neck quickly. His body goes limp in my hands and I let it fall to the ground. 

He didn't stand a chance. Now time to face the music.

I breathe heavily, my wound starting to throb. The loss of blood making me dizzy. I collapse to my knees as the Alpha, Luna, Beta and everyone else ran to me. Beta Nick is the first to speak. 

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I give him a what-do-you-think look that shuts him up. 

"Sorry." he says sheepishly.

The Luna starts inspecting my wound. She hugs me. "Thank you!" she gushes. "I knew you were special from the moment I met you." 

The Alpha kneels down so he is at my level sitting on the ground."Thank you Sky, you saved my mate and the packs Luna. Who knows what would have happened if you weren't here and didn't hear the rogue about to attack."

I try to stop the world from spinning. Wait, when did he have two heads? I put my hands holding my head trying to stop the consistent throbbing. I blink to get rid of the black spots clouding my vision. I notice a man make his way to me. Something tells me he is a doctor. 

* "What gave it away?" Star asks tiredly but I can still hear the sarcasm. 

I look closer and notice he is wear a stetescope.This headache is not helping. I can't even see properly. I listen in when I hear talking. 

"The injury is very deep. We need to get her to the hospital wing where I will give her stitches." 

Why the hell is he shouting? I groan. Before I can even think of an answer, I black out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Vote 

Comment

Sinead xx