Chapter Twenty Three

Deep breath. In and out. In,1,2,3....out. Stars voice breaks through my relaxing techniques.

* "That son of a bitch! I'll kill him. How dare he betray our pack. He's the reason why our pack is in danger.'' I groan.

She has been like this for the past half hour. I'm standing outside trying to relax.

Keyword: TRYING

The Alphas and Betas from the visiting packs have arrived and are inside getting settled. I clench my hands as Stars anger builds and I struggle to keep control.

* "He worked for the rogues! He betrayed us! That evil...." I tune her out as she screams about Chris, calling him some insulting names. Ones I would not like to repeat.

* " Babe, they are ready to meet you now." Camerons voice calls out through the mindlink.

* "Okay, on my way."

I open up my mind so I can speak to Star.

* "That wasn't very nice." she grumbles. I scoff.

* "You finished?"

* "For now." she replies. "Let me take control."

I hesitate but comply.

* "Just....stay calm."

She rolls her eyes as we walk back into the house and into the living room where everyone is waiting. By everyone I mean my mate, my dads, Ellie, Blake, Alpha Ian, Hannah, Nick and Anne. As I walk in, I look through the eyes of Star. Cameron walks up to me.

"Hello Star." he whispers. His eyes shine yellow as his wolf takes over.

"Hi." she purrs. I roll my eyes.

Horny wolves.

I nudge her mind and she sighs. She turns her body to the room full of people. Her eyes scan the Alphas and Betas present. They lower their eyes making her smile. Cameron tugs me forward.

"Sky, Star, this is Alpha Tom of the Rising Dawn pack." I shake the hand of a man with a friendly smile. He has black hair and green eyes.

" It's a pleasure to meet you" his voice holds power.

"Thank you for coming. All of you. I want to thank you for joining us in this war."

"Well it's an honour to fight with the famous silver wolf." Another man answers. I turn to man with short brown hair and doe-like eyes. Big and brown.

"Alpha James of the Clover pack." he introduces himself. I smile and shake his hand.

I greet the other Alphas. There is Alpha Paul of the Ashwood pack, Alpha Peter of the Blackstone pack and Alpha Dexter of the Shadow pack. We all sit down and Jax speaks up.

"Okay.....now that the intoductions are over. Skylar- I mean Star..we need to know what happened."

Immmediately at the thought of that scumbag, Star growls. She bares her teeth and my fists clench. I try to push through her mind but she pushes me back cutting me out. She now has full control and I have no way of getting out unless she lets me.

I growl in frustration. She's too angry to think rationally. She could hurt someone. I am most dangerous when Star is in full control. I scream for her to let me go but it's like talking to a brick wall. Stars eyes glow as everyone watches her cautiously.

Andrew takes a step forward but Star snaps her teeth viciously. My body shakes as I feel myself about to shift. A warm hand is placed on my arm. Star turns and I see the worried eyes of my mate. She calms slightly at her mates touch but her anger is still blinding her.