CHAPTER TWO

VIOLET

CHAPTER TWO

VIOLET

"Geez! Nick, that was so disgusting! Ever heard of manners? I swatted his arms off my shoulders as he let out a loud burp just close to my ears. He grinned mischievously and dragged me to his arms in another attempt to burp a second time but I pushed him off the couch to the floor and he rolled across laughing.

"Come on hazel! that was so so mean... ouch!... It hurts." He pretended to be nursing his arms. I threw him a crazy taunt and he pouted like a kid. He looked so cute that way with his pink lips and dimples popping out.

"You look like daffy duck doing that!" I giggled teasingly unable to keep the irritating look I wore earlier.

"No am bugs bugs!" He bared out his two front teeth and crossed his eyes like a bunny.

"Nick!" I laughed so much there was tears in my eyes.

Life is fun with my best friend, full of smiles, humour, love, and of course living through the hard times together. It’s never easy though, but things never go the way you want them at times, but all that matters in life is to be happy I realized; and to be happy, you need someone that makes you feel special, give you that hug that says it’s gonna be alright, and walk through the thick and thins together.
Fate is a funny thing, I mean you never know who you end up spending your life with.

When I was a little girl, I saw my future with mum and dad around me, watching me grow every day, until I start my own family, but you see, it’s funny how things swiftly take turns, but I still wonder though, and wish there is a mirror on the wall where we can all look to find what the future holds; wouldn’t that be fair maybe? well, maybe not.

Well, if at all that exists, and I had checked mine, I would have been equally sad and happy. Sad because I lost both mum and dad, sad because of my story of the monster's claw, but happy for one reason-- I met Nick, my best friend. The only person whose blue eyes says a lot to me. It’s a blue that promise me protection and love. A blue that tells me there is hope in life. A blue that always say best buddies till the end. :)

There came a knock on the door.

I was so lost in thought I didn't notice Nick dozing above me on the couch; didn't notice we were done watching the movie 'once upon a song' either!

I love that song, ‘knocking’ by Freddie Storma.

"Pizza man"...he murmured sleeping.

"Oh," I yawned going to the door.

"Jaayydeee!" I threw my arms around her.

It wasn't the pizza man. It was Jade! oh how much I’ve missed her! She was my school friend (best girlfriend too).
Jade's being out of town for a week now on a school excursion and she had promised earlier to check on me as soon as she comes back.

"Girl I missed youuuuuuu" She squealed hugging me back as I led her inside.

"How was your trip?" I sounded excited, her strawberry scent filling the house already.

"Amazing gurl, adventurous" she emphasized and gestured with her hands.

"I missed you so much!" I cried out for the second time.

"Sheesh!" She rolled her eyes as she noticed Nick dozing on the couch.

Now Jade and Nick aren't good together, I can't say why but nick thinks she’s just one girly-girl that think 'boys are stupid, throw rocks at them,' but trust Jay, she’s just being protective of herself, (and girls too). She can give a guy a kick in the tush if she finds out he’s breaking a girl’s heart.
She believes girls are rare gems and are not meant to be hurt.

Jay believes guys are heart breakers but the cutest guys enjoy it most, for Pete's sake why not the hot ones? I always ask her but she says, 'guys are always guys,' well what does that even mean?

Too bad Nick belongs to both territories.

Nick

I woke up with a start, my neck felt a bit stiff (that's what I get from sleeping on the couch). I yawned and looked up at the wall clock, I slept for about an hour. I staggered and headed to the toilet and washed my face, noticing afterwards a note by the wash hand basin apparently scribbled by Hazel. I frowned as I opened the paper:

Hey! Jay's back! out on a girls’ date! see ya soon!
P.S pizza's by the kitchen counter, you ordered extra cheese :(
P.s.s fix the kitchen basin please, it’s not sinking.
Hazel.

I squeezed the paper and tucked it in my hip pocket. You can’t keep Hazel at home when Jade's around and free (the girl with the weird ideas about guys).

I took a quick shower using Hazel's gel, even though I get in trouble whenever I do that. I munched pizza afterwards while watching a boring healthy food for healthy life Programme.
Later, I fought the urge to lay down again and washed the dishes after fixing the basin (we don’t have a dish washer).

I slouched to the fridge and took the last hidden funfetti creamed cupcake Hazel had made from her baking skills. I topped it again with extra Nutella, grateful she isn’t here to knock me off or snatch the jar away. She always sticks to the belief that too much cocoa isn’t healthy.

"Am home!" She hummed loudly.

"It’s almost 12 in the morning Hazel, stop yelling".

"God! I’m so full and tired like never before," she ignored and sighed as she lowered her bulk on the couch.

"You shouldn’t wake people up like that, totally wrong," I yawned, sitting up.

"Okay, Mr. Corrector!" She rolled her eyes.

"Come on Hazel" I urged as she kicked off her high heels.

"You mean u stayed here all day? " She questioned, surprised.

"Yeah, and it felt pretty good to be home all day," I yawned again.

"Geez...well I had a great time" she said walking towards the kitchen.

"Nice one" I murmured.

"Hey, I met with Maggie today, said your number isn’t going through these days," she shouted from the kitchen and I exhaled eyes shut, exhausted already, all I wanted was a quiet place to sleep.

"Did you hear me? " she shouted again.

"Hazel, let’s talk about this later okay? I wanna sleep."

"Ow yeah... You’ve been in her pants enough already, right?" she started again, returning with a cup of coffee and found me pretending to be sound asleep already. She made some noises and went inside.

"Thank God! " I exhaled and started sleeping again.

.

.

.

.

A/N

Hey guys! What’s up with this?

Hope you liked it? Pardon me for any grammatical error.

Put a smile on my face by voting, commenting on this chapter please...love you...XoXo :-)

Love,
Lil Harphs.