CHAPTER SIX

VIOLET'S POV

The week started like any other, but final exams around the corner made things tough. Lucky enough to work less hours at the restaurant ,both Nick and I studied very hard for the upcoming exams.

It was past four in the afternoon, I got home from work before Nick and stretched on the couch as usual, my shoes tucked in my feet, as they dangled at the other end of the couch. I yawned and exhaled after a doze of sleep, too short for a nap.

"hey, you coming back anytime soon?... " i text Nick. 35 seconds later ,the reply came in.

"at the subway….be there in 20"

The coffee maker started brewing while checked the empty fridge for some miracle which didnt happen.

‘’hey whats up?" i tucked my phone between my shoulder and left ear.

She huffed to my ears "am just tired of studying gurl its feels like garbage and thrash" Jade cursed.

I chortled and repeated ‘garbage and thrash’. Jade says that like a million times everyday to anybody's face and gets away with it, followed by eyes roll and a quick scowl like you just did the most disgusting stuff of  all time and the universe cant stand you no more even if you didnt. I smiled at the visual of her doing that now.

"You gotta study girl... How is Carla? " i said.

"Oh She is fine...i just feel like stuck in a cave, like everybody is fucking busy" she fussed and i knew she was asking for a hang out.

"Aww baby am soo sorry i wish we could hang out tonight but im kinda buried in books you know"

"Oh come on Vi u need to get some air dont you? " She urged and i could picture her sweet puppy face but i wasnt falling for it.

I exhaled into the phone, pouring coffee into a mug. "Okay, im not promising anything" i whined

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you too" i hung up,slouching back to the couch to watch tv.

Nick came in minutes later. "Hi! " he greeted as he dropped his keys. "rocking my new sweat shirt already? " he whined, sitting beside me.

a sip from my mug like that isnt worse than wearing his not-yet-worn-sweatshirt.

“had a long day? “ i asked,our attention both drifting to the million dollar heads or tails show.

“hectic” He said without looking at me,almost dismissively, and added like he suddenly remembers “met a blonde at the subway...we going out tonight” he smirked,now staring for response.

“Okay? “ i nodded, knowing he wants to hear more but what am i supposed to say?

“She is amazing Hazel" he adored, probably picturing her in his mind.

“Yes she is blue you met a buxom at the subway and she fell for your looks and you re probably taking her out because you think she is an easy lay right? “ i lectured, feeling sorry for miss buxom because she wont be kept beyond this night stand.

“Ohhh Geez Hazel you think thats all that goes on in my head?”

“yeah, give praise to ur looks and charm slut" i chuckled, kicking him with my feet.

“Okay... You can say all u want big head, i gotta go" he sneered, upset by my accusations for the umpteenth time.

“and thanks for finishing my cup of coffee gentle man" I sneered back but he couldn't hear me over the sound of the shower.