CHAPTER TEN

Please do me a huge favour by pressing the star button below🌟 . Your votes mean the world to me : )

Happy reading ❤❤❤

Jade's POV

I 'sheeshed' for the hundredth time over Carla's reaction which lingered between falsity and exaggeration for all i care. She might be approving him just so to get me  to go out with him. Getting myself into another relationship was a definition of moving on, as far as she was concerned. Judging by his looks, he is the right guy to her, and yes Lincoln is, but the fact that   Carla approved of almost every guy that asked me out brings Linc down to the level of every Dick and Harry.

She placed her fingers on the mouse surface of my computer and kept scrolling while her coffee dropped luke warm. Little Nino stood on tip toes, craning his neck to see what his mum was wowing all about while i sprawled on the floor with Nino's twin, Milo, entertaining him withjack-in-the-box  and he cant help clapping and squealing each time the puppet popped out of the box.

"You should totally give him a chance" She said for the millionth time, but in other words,lifting her mug to her mouth.

"Yayyy! " Milo clapped gleefully for the 19th time, as i generously cranked the handle again.

"Ohh! " i sighed in spout, tapped out with this conversation that has been going on for  about an hour. "enough of this alright? " i stood up, slamming the computer shut. My sister have a habit of dragging thesame topic for long enough for you to lose interest.

"Jayy! Come on! " she pushed, cradling Nino on her laps, who was wiggling away to his twin.

"You just stalked someone's facebook profile and pictures and think he is good enough for me? " i queried with an eyes roll,feeling quite irritated.

"Its not just about facebook" she corrected, ready to convince me. "i mean this guy has it all, i cant believe you left him hanging for this long".Her eyes widened.

"No, let me do it " Nino whined , struggling to drag the box away from his brother.

"its not just about looks, the more you scroll the more you like him" i stated, shrugging as the room became immingled with cries and caterwauls of the fighting twins.

"Jay, this guy have been asking you out for seven months, what do you say about that? "  She was trying hard to gain sympathy for Lincoln but a tingle of unfairness struck me anyway.

"Okay fine... I ll have to think about it" i succumbed as a triumphant smile hung on her face. She had finally got me where she wanted, even though, i wasnt doing it against my will. I was just trying to atleast give Lincoln a chance. Not a 'real chance' though. Just the kind of chance you would give someone that keeps pestering your life with songs of love in a way you would avoid hurting their feelings. I will do it just to while away time, i concluded.I clicked on the three-day-old unread text on my phone from him. There were loads of them, which never gained response and he never gave up. His messages conveyed his feelings, expressed in a unique manner any girl would fall for, except Jade, well thats if she doesnt want to. The undeniable fact about Lincoln's words lies in its distinctive beauty that ruffles the mind of the reader, only if you possesed in your nature a sense of inattentiveness will you be able to resist those candy feelings. I angled a glance at the abandoned brown box kept in a corner which contains everything Lincoln has sent or brought to me. The host of long love letters and bouquets which were mostly white and red roses revealed how much he has been trying.

Carla's eye widened, her expression inkling me that i just spaced out . I muted a dejected sigh, giving her the 'its not what you think' look, ruinous for the fact that my sister knows me so well she can inteprete my breath.

My little 4year old nephews were already indulged in a big fight by the time Carla picked up Milo, a winner smile stretching on her face again, apparently satisfied i finally gave up. i helped with Nino, who was howling away in frustration, wiggling his chubby feet as i smothered his plump cheeks with kisses.
                    *** *** ***

The flawless weather that obediently lingered in the atmosphere stirred an old forgotten dovish feeling inside me. The evening was ravishing for some reason.  I was taken aback for a moment,realizing  how many times i have failed to appreciate nature. As i stepped outside, swathe in a sexy red wine dress, covered in appealing golden floral design, that barely dropped above my knee (totally Carla's idea),which was why i had to wear a matching high heel and a golden clutch to blend with. My hair was knotted in a  tight perfect bun and i looked aweseome with the facial contour and make up.

Lincoln couldn't be more excited, his gaze was awe-inspired as he stared at my outfit. He was wearing a nice gray shirt paired with jeans. It was impossible to deny the accuracy of his magnificent charm affixed in his nature. His enchanting smile aroused an ecstatic admiration inside me and i tried in a futile effort to shake it off.

His sensuous lips kissed my outstretched hand. I snapped out of my reverie, wondering when or how i even held out my hand. Oh my God, jade are you alright? . I mentally knitted my brows, scowling.

"Shall we? " he displayed his set of teeth in a grin which i really, really hate to  admit its perfection.

I nodded, walking side by side towards his car.

"you look stunningly gorgeous tonight" he complimented once behind the wheel.

"Thank you" came the reply, resisting the urge to compliment how nice his car smells like.

"and most importantly, thank you for giving me a chance Jade, it means alot to me" he angled a smile at me, which told of how factual his words were.

I smiled in response, inwardly rolling my eyes. Unbelievable! Am i doing the boy girl thing AGAIN???. Okay i dont want memories floundering back right now, i scolded myself as a dreadful lump formed in the tube inside my neck. I shifted my gaze to the street, busy in its usual bustles and bristles, where not even a soul knows or cares what is happening inside my head right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Sigh....finally jade's out on a date!  Are u as excited as im rn?  Cant wait to find out how it went *squeals

1.18k reads!!!!!!  326votes!!!!
OMG!!!!!  Thank you sooo much!!!!
My heart is getting fatter everyday from your awesome inspirations!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Shout out to y'all!!!❤❤
helmetxatkins
BeingACrazyReader
MrsLemonJ
xxUswah02xx
I love you sooo much sweet hearts!! ❤❤❤❤❤

catastrophe275
Thank you for this amazing cover! ❤❤❤ (you guys should check out her cover shop, its amazing !!!!!)😉❤

StorybookHorror
For being the 200th VOTER
This chapter is dedicated to you : )

AlexanderOndaJasvah
For giving your precious time to edit this book : ) I Love You Dost : ) ❤

KrystalynBooth
My BFF 💜💜💜
You re always there for me and im grateful : ) ❤❤❤

I love you all ❤❤❤ thanks for giving this book a Chance : )
yesscor123
TheMockingjay2544
butterfly_effect
Adunnikuye1
SilverDragxn

I promise to update V soon

Love,
Lil Harphs