Ch. 14

"Hit me." He repeated

"You're joking right? I slapped you and you nearly tore my head off. Now you want me to hit you again? You're crazy."

"I just wanna see how strong you are. Go ahead. Put all your muscle into it." He said and I stared at him for a moment more before I scooted closer and got in a comfortable stance to punch him.

"I can't get in trouble for this right?" And he nodded his head. I cocked my fist back and landed a solid punch right on his nose.

"Nice, but not nice enough. I think you should train." He said and folded his arms across his chest.

"No thank you. I barely commit to the 1 hour every other day work out that I do now. I'm not going to train." I laughed

"What would happen if we were being attacked right now. How would you defend yourself?"

"That's what you're here for, right?" I asked and he smiled, looking happy with my answer.

"What if.. What if they killed me? How would you survive to take care of those in this family?" He asked and I couldn't say anything because I honestly didn't know the answer. I honestly never thought that I would be here that long.

"I never thought that I would stay here that long, but-"

"That doesn't answer the question." He interjected

"As I was saying, I guess I never thought about having to protect whatever this place is. I guess I will train."

"Wonderful. We'll start tomorrow." He beamed and I rolled my eyes.

"Food?" I asked and he nodded as we headed into the kitchen.

****

It had been 25 minutes and I was waiting impatiently at the counter for my food that Ambrogio so badly wanted to make himself.

"Ambrogio Lockehart! If I don't get my food in the next 15 seconds, I'm gonna raise some hell." I demanded and like I asked, I had my food in the next 15 seconds

"It's fettuccini with homemade Alfredo sauce and shrimp. I also made ambrosia for dessert." He explained and brought breadsticks to the countertop where I was as I made my plate.

I piled the fettuccini onto my plate and grabbed about 4 bread sticks then started to dig in. I looked over at Ambrogio, mouth full of food, and was he was grinning from ear to ear.

"You're not eating?"

"I don't eat. Remember? At least, I don't have to."

"Then what are you looking at?" I asked and got up to get a bottle of water.

"Just you."

"Yeah..? And? What about me?" I asked once I had grabbed the bottle and turned around, twisting the cap.

"Everything. Just everything." He sighed and smiled at me.

"You're weird." I said while taking a long swig of my water. "Stop staring at me creepo." I scoffed and he chuckled

"You must have a thing for creepo's then." He teased and I scoffed before taking another bite of this god made food.

"Who said I had I thing for you?" I asked and I turned to face him, but he was about 2 millimeters away from my face and I almost choked on my food. "Jesus! Don't do that!"

"No one had to say you had a thing for me." He whispered and my breathing sped up as he peered down at my lips then back to my eyes. "I can smell it." He finished then licked his lips after I bit my bottom lip.