Ch. 18

I woke up when I felt hair on my face. My eyes slowly opened and I looked down at the head of hair in front of my chest and tried to sit up. Ambrogio's head popped up to look at me with a smirk and his eyes were dark.

"I was wondering how long it wouldn't take you to wake up. You were moaning for a really long time." He chuckled and I rubbed my eye. His eyes kept going from my neck and back to my face, so I went to see what he was looking at.

I walked up to the mirror in the bathroom and I almost screamed at what I saw. There was a bite mark above my actual mark, but there were also a bunch of hickeys all around my throat area.

"Ambrogio," I called and turned to the doorway and saw him leaning against the door frame with that smug smile of his.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He asked as if he hadn't stained my neck with hickey's.

"Seriously?" I asked and he shrugged

"You didn't tell me to stop."

"I was asleep!" I argued

"Well in your sleep, you talk and moan. I seem to remember you saying 'mmm don't stop'." He imitated and I blushed.

"I-I was asleep. I didn't know what I was saying." I muttered and faced the mirror again. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I think it looks good." He said from behind me. "Some of my best work even." He said and I turned to face him.

"Best work? So you've had a lot of practice?" I asked and he smiled

"A lot would be an understatement. I've fucked more females than I'm sure Ozarka could count..counting her." He said and I stared at him with a blank face. "You want me to lie? I've fucked a lot of women. It's true." He added and I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from me. "Now I'm getting the feeling that I shouldn't have answered that..."

"Come on," he said and I held my arm out to keep him at arms length. "I have screwed a lot of women, but I've only made love to one." He said with a fake smile and I pushed him again.

"You actually expect me to believe that sappy line?" I asked and he smirked.

"You know me so well." He said pulled me into a hug. "I do love you though." He said and pulled back a bit to look at me. I smiled a little and he pecked my lips.

"Im hungry." I said

"Me too." He said looking me up and down.

"Come on, take me to get food." I pouted and he thought about it for a second.

"What time is it?" He asked and I looked over at the clock.

"Noon." I said and he shook his head no. "Why not?"

"It's light out."

"Eric can go outside, why can't you?" I asked and I could see the anger on his face from the comparison.

"Only some hybrid vampires can go out in the sun, and I would rather live in darkness than risk my life to test it out." He said

"You can't try for a couple seconds? I'll be right there with you. If it doesn't work, we can run right back inside." I proposed and he gave me a strange look. He looked at me for a few minutes before sighing in agreement.

He put on a t-shirt before following me to the front door. I opened it wide and stepped into the sunlight before turning around and waiting for him. He was standing in the house, just beyond where the light could reach. He looked terrified.

"You don't have to be scared." I called and he glared at me.

"I'm am not scared." He argued, but his eyes told a different story.

"If something goes wrong, I'll turn you around and we'll go right back inside." I promised and he nodded before taking one step into the sunlight.

It was slow, but he was doing it. He reluctantly brought the other foot out next to the first one. He kept looking up at me for assurance and then would take a small step. Soon he was standing in front of me with the most horrified look I've ever seen.

"See? You're not turning to ash." I said and stroked his arm for support. He looked around as if he didn't believe it, then looked at me and started dragging me to his car. "Geo, what the hell?" I asked as he closed my door and hopped into the drivers seat.

"We're gonna take a little trip." He said and angrily pulled out of the driveway.

"Get me food first!" I whined as he sped down the street.

***
I chewed on my fries giddily as Ambrogio gripped the steering wheel with unnecessary force. I pulled my legs into the seat and watched as his face contorted into one of anger.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked and I smiled.

"You look so angry." I said and he raised an eyebrow. "It's cute."

"Yeah, whatever." He shrugged me off, and I frowned. I picked up a fry and held it out to him. He didn't acknowledged it, just kept staring at the road. I inched it closer to his face and he shook his head. I placed the fry on his lips and giggled when I saw a small smile creep on his face.

He took the fry into his mouth and kissed my hand afterwards. Food always makes me feel better. Why was he so mad anyways.

"You'll figure that out when we get there." He said and I knew he had read my mind. We drove for about 20 more minutes until we stopped at a nice sized cottage near the woods.

Ambrogio got out of the car quickly and slammed the door. He walked up to the door and pounded on it.

I couldn't get out of the car fast enough to stop what happened next. Ambrogio didn't give Eric time to open the door before he started pummeling him.

Sorry!! This update took so long and it's not as long as I would like, but I've been so busy with school and cheer and it's a lot.

I WILL HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER UP VERY SOON!!!