New faces

Amaya shut the door to her new room quietly and quickly got changed as the sound of her mother's voice floated up to her ears. The white haired girl had changed into a light blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

The teen then slowly descends the stairs, her mother smiling at four people at the door. Two young girls, one with black hair and one with light brown hair. An older man with black hair and a teenage boy with orange hair.

"Ichigo?" Amaya said aloud, surprised that he was standing in her front door.

"This must be your daughter." The man said, his eyes trailing over to her.

"Yes. Amaya, there isn't a need to be shy." Kokoro smiled at her daughter.

"H-hi..." Amaya said quietly from the stairs.

"Why don't you come in? I apologize for the mess. I've been unpacking today and haven't gotten around to putting the boxes away." Kokoro said sheepishly picking up a couple boxes, Amaya picking up the box by the stairs.

"It's alright. We don't mind." The man said. The light brown haired girl had large grin on her face, finally knowing who Kokoro reminded her of.

"You wouldn't happen to be Kokoro Yoshimura the lawyer would you!?" She asked.

"Yuzu..." The man said with a sigh.

"Of don't worry about it. I get it a lot." Kokoro smiled. "And that would be a yes. I'm Kokoro."

"Is it true you've never lost a case!?" Yuzu asked sparkling slightly. Kokoro chuckled.

"No. I've lost my fair share of the cases. No one can win them all... Yuzu was it?" She asked, making Yuzu nod. "Well you can't give up because you lost one case."

"So did you take the day off?" The man asked. "Oh I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Isshin Kurosaki." He said. "These are my daughter's Yuzu and Karin along with my son Ichigo."

"Kokoro Yoshimura. That's my daughter Amaya." She introduced again, shaking Isshin's out stretched arm. "And yes, I've taken a few weeks off."

"Sorry about that. Introductions should be kinda hard to forget..." Isshin chuckled.

"Don't worry about it." Kokoro smiled. As the two talked, Karin, Yuzu and Ichigo had wandered off to Amaya who was placing boxes in a medium sized closet.

"Hi!" Yuzu said grinning. "I'm Yuzu!" She then stuck out a hand to the sixteen year old, white haired teen. Amaya blinked, shaking the young girls hand weakly.

"Hey." Karin said giving a blank look to Amaya as she crossed ger arms. "I'm Karin."

"Hi..." Amaya said quietly.

"Common? This again?" Ichigo sighed. "You don't have to be scared."

"I- I'm sorry... I'm just... shy.." Amaya explained in a low voice.

"Everyone is shy sometimes!" Yuzu grinned. Amaya nodded, rubbing her arm slightly.

"Would you like to... um... come upstairs..?"

"Yeah!" Yuzu grinned.

"Sure." Karin said, making Amaya start up the stairs. The three followed her as she opened a door with a dark blue A painted on it. Inside was a light blue painted room with a dark brown bookshelf in one corner, a neatly made bed in the one opposite to it. A desk was in front of the window covered by black curtains, a few rays of light peaking through.

"Wow." Ichigo said sweat dropping slightly. "Very blue."

"Yeah..." She said quietly walking in. "I like blue.."

"I really like it too!" Yuzu cried.

"It is pretty nice... just instead of a brown bookshelf I would have a black one to contrast the blue down a tad." Karin commented.

"We couldn't find one..." Amaya whispered. As Ichigo's sisters mused over her room, Ichigo had gone over to her shelf, pulling out a book.

"Sherlock Holmes?" He asked, turning back to them while flipping the book open.

"Yeah... I like mysteries..."

"That's cool!" Yuzu grinned.

"Who's this?" Karin asked picking up and inspecting a photo of a man with light blue eyes and brown hair.

"That's my dad..."

Amaya then spends the next few minutes explaining what had happened. Telling them about the car accident and the time at the hospital. About how they were told his condition was too serious for him to survive.

"So you're dad was in the hospital for eight months after the accident?" Ichigo asked, sitting beside her on her bed while Yuzu sat on the floor crossed legged and Karin was sitting in her desk chair.

Amaya only nodded.

"And most of his arteries were punctured?" Karin asked, earning another small nod from the teenager.

"And he asked to..?" Yuzu said sadly.

"Yeah... he was in so much pain he asked us if it was okay if he died..." Amaya said. Yuzu then jumped up, wrapping her arms around Amaya's neck. Her eyes widened slightly as Yuzu hugged her before closing slightly and wrapping an arm awkwardly around the light brown haired girl.

"Don't worry." Ichigo grinned at her. "It gets better." Amaya then gave a small, involuntary smile as Yuzu let her go and hopped down so her feet were on the ground again.

"Thanks..." Amaya whispered, the small grin never leaving her face.

"Hey you three! We're leaving!" Isshin's voice called from downstairs.

"Coming!" Yuzu called, grinning as she ran down the stairs. Karin sighed at her sister, following quietly after her but not after saying goodbye.

"See you tomorrow?" Ichigo asked.

"Yeah..." Amaya said smiling.

"Alright. See you tomorrow then." The orange haired teen said waving slightly over his shoulder as he left her room and descending down the stairs.

Amaya followed quietly, waving goodbye as her mother shut the door.

"So that was Ichigo huh?" Kokoro asked. "He's kinda cute don't you think?" She teased with a smile.

"Mom!" Amaya cried, her face flushing red. Kokoro chuckled.

"I'm kidding sweetie." She said, her chuckle quieting.

"That's not funny!" Amaya cried again.

"Oh come on. I was kidding." She pauses, pondering for a second. "But, he did make you smile. I don't think I've seen you smile like that since you were seven."

Amaya, sighed as her mother chuckled again, coming up to the teen assn tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"Common. Let's eat out tonight."