Not Dead Yet

-Toshiro-

The fighting between the Captains and Esapda had started. Toshiro and Harribel were both going strong, the third Espada now wearing a skirt and less then before on her chest. Toshiro had hug ice wings on his back, indicating he had called for his Bankai.

"You know," Harribel said. "That girl Grimmjow brought back to as Noches looks an awful lot like you."

Toshiro's eyes went hard with worry and anger as he glared at the third Espada.

"Do you know her, Captain?" Harribel asked, preparing for an attack. Toshiro stayed quiet as he pushed off of nothing, flying at Harribel. "I think you do." She said as she blocked Toshiro's sword with her own.

"And if I do?" Toshiro asked lowly. "What's it to you?"

"Well I thought you might want to know she's as good as dead." Harribel said seriously. "She doesn't have a chance."

"That's a lie." Toshiro said, a slight pang of sadness entering his voice.

"Why would I lie to you?" Harribel asked Toshiro as his eyes widened, giving the third Espada the chance to hit him with enough force to send him flying. Toshiro flew to the ground, creating a creator. He laid on his back before pushing himself to his feet and looking up at the third Espada, a large amount of water behind her.

Harribel's arm was raised above her head and as she brought it down, the water flew at the Captain of squad ten. Toshiro's eyes widened as he pointed his sword up in front of him.

"Reign over the frosted heavens, Hiyorimaru!" He cried, the water tuning to ice mid air before crumbling and falling to the ground in a huge heap. Toshiro then pushed off the ground and flew up to the same height as the third Espada. "Our abilities are each others weakness." He stated with a stern glare.

"It appears so." Harribel said. "If you send an ice attack at me, I can simply turn it into water."

"If you send a water attack at me, I can turn it to ice." Toshiro said.

"Perhaps, I may need to use larger scale attacks." Harribel thought at the same time Toshiro did.

As they continued to fight, Toshiro wasn't getting anywhere near close to striking the third Espada. His breathing had started getting heavy as Harribel watched him with a blank expression.

"Are you already tired? We've barely started." She said, her body showing no sign of exhaustion. The third Espada then sent another water attack at Toshiro, the Captain preparing to jump out of the way when a familiar voice sounded.

"Burn, Yosha!" As those two words were said, a giant red and orange ball of flames hit the water, turning it to steam.

"What!?" Harribel thought, her eyes widening.

"Sorry to drop in but I'm not exactly going to let you kill my Captain." Kokoro's voice rang out from Toshiro's left and Harribel's right.

"Kokoro..?" Toshiro asked, a clear amount of surprise filling his voice.

"The one and only." Kokoro smiled a little and flash stepped to be beside her little brother.

"Are you two dating or something?" Harribel asked, Kokoro deadpanning.

"What the hell!?" Kokoro yelled. "No! He's my little brother you dumbass!!"

"Siblings?" Harribel said more to herself then to the brother and sister.

"Yes. Kokoro was adopted." Toshiro said. "Kokoro, what about Amaya?"

"She's safe, Toshiro." Kokoro assured her brother. "Although she did want to fight with us to which I refused."

"Why would she even want to join this?" Toshiro asked quietly.

"I'll fill you in later."

-Flashback-

At the order of Renji, Kokoro and Amaya had left Hecco Mundo. The mother and daughter were now in the World of the Living once again, Kokoro sensing the spiritual pressure of the other Captains and some of the Espada's. The one that caught her attention most was Aizen's, her eyebrows scrunch in together.

"What is that?" Amaya asked her mother, making the female Soul Reaper look over at her.

"It's called Spiritual pressure. You'll learn everything soon I promise." Kokoro assured her daughter. Amaya nodded as she turned to look where the pressure was coming from.

"We need to go help." Amaya said as she went to go towards the strong pressure. Kokoro stopped her daughter by grabbing her arm.

"I will go help. You are not getting mixed up with this." She said firmly to her daughter. "This is much too dangerous for you."

"Mom I can help!"

"Then help me." Kokoro said, making Amaya gasp a little. "Promise me you will stay out of harms way or else my mind will not be on the fight but on you. If that happens, I could die and I don't want to leave you. Do you understand?"

Amaya then nodded a little at her mother.

"I promise I'll stay safe. But you have to promise me you won't die mom. You won't come back as a soul I know that."

"I won't die. I promise you Amaya, I will come back." Kokomo promised back, making her daughter nod again. "Let's go. There has to be an area with the injuries."

And with that, the two set off, soon finding where the injured were.

"Zennosuke!" Kokoro cried at a soul reaper with a black afro. His head turned to look at her.

"Fifth seat Kokoro Yoshimura!" Zennosuke as they ran up to him.

"I need a huge favor." Kokoro said. "I need Amaya to stay here. Please make sure she stays safe."

"You got it!" Zennosuke said with a nod. "Are you going to help?"

"Of course I am. Amaya just needs to be safe first."

"She will be. I can promise you that."

"Thank you." Kokoro said as she flash stepped away, leaving a very worried looking Amaya.

"Don't worry." Zennosuke said to Amaya. "She's a strong one. She'll be just fine."

-back to the present-

"She's here!? Are you insane Kokoro!?" Toshiro cried as his older sister.

"Where the hell else could she have gone!? I wasn't about to leave her all alone! I'm not that idiotic!" Kokoro yelled back.