Bits and Pieces

Amaya continued to call out for her newly found Zanpakto, blinking her eyes and trying to keep the tears away.

"Are you going to speak, Girl?" Ulquiorra asked again. Renji, who was still standing in front of Ichigo, had wide eyes as well. Ichigo was desperately trying to stand up to no avail.

"You..." Amaya forced out of her slightly parted lips. Her hair had covered her eyes, her hand gripping the hilt of her shattered Zanpakto tightly, her knuckles turning white.

"I what? You didn't know that sword." Ulquiorra said. "You barely knew it."

"Fuyuki was not an it!" Amaya yelled, forcing herself to look at him. "She helped me! She gave me hope that we could get the hell out of here! And you just went and shattered her!"

"Hope does not exist, Girl. It's a simple word that humans use to keep going until they give up."

"That isn't true!" Amaya yelled. "Hope is real! It may come in different pieces but it's there! It's the same with love! And kindness! And helping other people who need it!"

"Amaya..." Ichigo whispered as he successfully stood up, leaning on his sword and somewhat onto Renji.

"What even is love?" Ulquiorra said, his monotone voice making Amaya's eyes widened again. "All it is, is a petty emotion. You are lucky you are alive. Lord Aizen wants you alive."

"Love is more powerful then you think you Bastard." Amaya growled. "It fuels hope, kindness, compassion and the will to help others."

Amaya's grip on the hilt of her Zanpakto loosened until it fell to the ground, clattering to the ground with the other shattered pieces.

"You shattered Fuyuki. That means I'll just have to put her back together." Amaya said, Ulquiorra watching her with curiously bland eyes. Amaya held her hands out in front of her, the bits and pieces of her Zanpakto glowing blue.

-Kokoro-

"Hey!" She called, her voice echoing across the large empty room. "Where in the hell am I..?" She asked herself, a laugh echoing back to her.

"This ought to be fun." A smooth voice said as a figure appeared about twenty meters away from her.

He had a spoon like attire, with black hair and the obvious white Arrancar uniform. He had a white eyepatch over one eyes, a wide creepy grin plastered to his face.

"Another Espada I presume?" Kokoro asked as she pulled out her Zanpakto, making the new make laugh.

"What do you think?" He asked, making Kokoro narrow her eyes at him.

"What number are you? Seven? Eight?"

"Oh you port Soul Reaper." He said deathly sweet, making Kokoro tense. "You aren't even close." He stuck his long tongue out at her, showing off a black 5 that burst out.

Kokoro's eyes widened, preparing for a fight that was surely about to happen.

"Number five..?" She muttered.

"Of course! You nearly killed Grimmjow, he's number six!" The fifth Espada said. "The name's Nnoritora Gilga. Remember my face. It'll be the last one you see!"

Nnoritora then charged at Kokoro, a giant weapon appearing out of nowhere.

-Toshiro Hitsugaya-

The white haired Captain was at his desk, two large piles on either side of his. Paperwork. One pile was that of the massive amount of paperwork he completed, the second pile was that he had yet to complete.

Toshiro sighed through his nose, his pen gliding across the page with ease as his thoughts wandered to his older sister and niece.

"If Kokoro dies and Amaya lives, I won't be able to take her under my wing." Toshiro thought. "If it's the other way around, Kokoro will be devastated. It took her nearly a year to smile again after Tero died, when she sent him here."

Sighing and setting down his pen, he stood up to stretch his legs.

"Even after that, she could find him amount the other souls. Even I could not find him. Perhaps I should have gone with them... no. I have my duties here and if I go missing, the whole Seireitei would be up in a riot."

Toshiro then decided to go for a walk in an attempt to clear his head. The Captain headed for where the ordinary souls lived, just outside the Seireitei. He held his head high as he walked through the peaceful rolling green hills. Soon, the 10th division Captain reached his grandmother's house, and where he used to live before becoming a Soul Reaper.

"Toshiro, it's nice of you to drop by unexpected like this." His grandmother said smiling, making Toshiro smile back a little.

"I needed a break from all the paperwork Granny." He said, making his grandmother nod.

"Yes of course. All the paperwork you Captains need to do." She laughed. "You came on a lovely day. There's a new soul here who is having a hard time understanding what is going on. I was wondering if you could speak with him."

"I'd be happy to Granny. Where is he?"

"Just inside. Come come." Toshiro's grandmother said, motioning for Toshiro to come inside to which he did. Once he got inside his eyes trailed over to a figure in the corner. He had short brown hair and his face was buried in his knees, making Toshiro sigh slightly.

"Tero darling, be polite to my grandson." Toshiro's Grandmother said, making Toshiro's eyes go wide.

-Kokoro-

She just barely blocked an attack from the fifth Espada, her feet sliding back slightly. Her face was hard and emotionless as she jumped back, using her flash step to get farther away. Her breathing was heavy and her hair was starting to be stained red with her blood, from a large wound on her arm.

"You're like a monkey, you know that?" Nnoritora asked, placing his weapon on his shoulder. "You are decently strong but not even close to being able to beat me."

"You haven't seen the beginnings of my power." Kokoro said as she glared at him, the grip on the handle of her Zanpakto tightening as she barked a single word.

"Bankai!"