Escape

-Amaya's mind-

"You're almost there!" Fuyuki said as Amaya broke one of the last vines.

"One more!" Amaya thought as she started down at the last vine wrapped around her waist.

"Come on Amaya! You're the strongest damn human we know!" Fuyuki yelled, Amaya's eyes widening some before squeezing shut. She took a step forward, firmly planting her right foot in front of her.

Amaya then started to pull the rest of her body forward.

"I'm the strongest human... I know!" Amaya yelled, the last vine breaking and falling to the floor.

-Kokoro/Ichigo-

Amaya's eyes were no longer dull as she blinked a few times, her vision clearing up.

"What the hell..? Why did you do that!?" Kokoro's voice rang out. Amaya's vision cleared more as the voice of Tero rang in her ears.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told the other Kid, Orihime. I may look like an evil beast, but I'm still human by heart." Amaya's vision finally cleared and the first thing she saw was red.

Her eyes widened, fear and disbelief filling her eyes. Tero looked up at her.

"Hey there Kid. Glad to see you back as yourself again." He said smiling, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. Amaya's eyes shook rapidly, as Tero finally fell to his knees. The teen let go of her sword, taking a step back while placing a hand over her mouth.

"Tero.." Kokoro said walking around to the front of him

"Kokoro... you know I've always loved you... even in the monstrous body, my heart remained as human as ever."

Ichigo was shocked at the sight of Tero, saving Kokoro. Amaya's eyes were wide with fear.

"I did that." She said with pain in her throat. "No... I- I did that..."

"Amaya." Tero said, giving her a small smile, pulling out her sword before his fingers started to turn to dust. "It's okay. This couldn't have been avoided. It was me, or your mom."

"What the hell... was running through your mind?" Ichigo asked, Tero smiling a bit wider.

"That's my secret Kid. I'm free now. No more annoying orders I can ignore." He looked back at Amaya. "I want to thank you. You set me free."

Tero smiled at her as his mask started to turn to sand, revealing his full, human face. Kokoro had closed her eyes, her head tilted to the ground as the last of Tero disappeared into nothing but ash.

"We need a way out of here." Kokoro spoke up, trying to pick up Amaya's zanpakto but, instead she got shocked by it. "What in the world..?"

"It... it shocked you?" Ichigo asked, Kokoro nodding as Amaya picked it up. "Mind if I try?"

Amaya nodded, holding it out to Ichigo, he too getting shocked.

"Why is she shocking everyone? I thought she was ice and snow." Amaya said examining her blade.

"Amaya, did you speak with your zanpakto?" Kokoro asked, making her nod.

"When I wasn't... in control I guess, it was like I was in my own mind. I was trapped with vines along with another girl." She said sadly, swallowing the lump that formed in her throat.

"You've seen what your zanpakto looks like?" Kokoro said with surprise.

"Yeah." Amaya nodded. "Her name's Fuyuki. But... I used her.. to kill someone.." Amaya said sadly.

"Amaya, it's alright." Ichigo said. "We have to focus on getting out of here."

"If Tero got in the Kido spell must be broken." Kokoro said pointing her sword at the wall. "Fire of the Desert, Yosha." She said, a small flame shooting from the tip of her sword at the wall. It bounced off, hitting the ceiling then bouncing to the floor.

"Maybe not." Ichigo said as Fuyuki's voice filled Amaya's mind.

"Amaya, call for me. I bet I can help." She said.

"I would if I knew how Fuyuki." Amaya responded as Ichigo and Kokoro spoke about how they would get out.

"Fly with the winter wind followed by my name." Fuyuki told her. "Be sure to point the sword away from harms way."

"Got it." Amaya said, turning to her left and pointing her sword at the wall.

"Amaya, what are you doing?" Ichigo asked as she closed her eyes.

"I don't know either to be honest." She said. "Fly with the winter wind, Fuyuki." Amaya said, her sword glowing blue and shooting from the end. When it hit the wall, it froze it over before exploding, and creating a hole in the wall.

"Holy cow it actually worked." Amaya said with widened eyes.

"Amaya... you discovered your Shikai!" Kokoro cried at her daughter.

"But... Fuyuki told me what to say mom." Amaya said. "She's been talking to me since that jerk made me touch some weird marble thing."

Kokoro gasped, "Did he call it the Hogyoku?" She asked, walking over to her daughter and placing her hands on Amaya's shoulders.

"Yeah... is it important?"

"Very. But we don't have time for that right now. We need to find Orihime, Rukia and Renji and get the hell out of here."

"Rukia's a Soul Reaper too!?" Amaya cried, making Kokoro and Ichigo smile.

"She is." Kokoro said. "Let's get going."

Ichigo and Amaya nodded.

"Don't yous forget about me!" Nel cried, running over from a few meters away.

"Oh my gosh it is so cute!" Amaya said with a smile and sparkles in her eyes as she momentarily forgot about the tragic events that just occurred. Kokoro laughed at her a little.

"Nel, this is my daughter Amaya. Amaya, this is Nel. She's an.. um Arrancar."

"Awwwww! But she's so cute! How could she ever be bad?" Amaya said picking up Nel who started to panic.

"Ah! Put me down! I don't know yous!" Nel cried, squirming in Amaya's arms.

"Nel, it's alright, Amaya won't hurt you." Ichigo tried to assure the young Arrancar, making her blink at him.

"This Soul Reaper is good like yous?" She asks hesitantly.

"I'm only half but yeah! I'm good!" Amaya smiled at her.

"But yous killed one of the strongest Fraccion here in Huecco Mundo!" Nel cried, making Amaya frown and set her on the ground.

"Let's just go." Kokoro said, as Ichigo picked up Nel and put her on his shoulder.