Chapter -3-

"Someone who is worthy of your love will never put you in a situation where you feel you must sacrifice your dignity, your integrity, or your self-worth to be with them." -Unknown

Meanwhile, Sanji, another one of Luffy's best friends was out having a much needed smoke. He was completely exhausted after cooking all the food needed for the shitty captain's engagement party. He could not believe that Luffy scored before him; no matter how impossible it seemed. He had recently finished taking a long relaxing stroll through the large garden outside the mansion and was on his way back inside.

Suddenly, he heard a car shriek to a sharp stop -the car park was pretty close to the garden- in the driveway; then there was the sound of a car door opening and slamming shut. Additionally, he heard the sound of quick footsteps coming towards him. Being on guard, he waited. In came running one of the most beautiful maidens he had ever set his eyes on. She was late, he noted. The party started almost a whole hour ago. Her hair was a brilliant orange pinned up in a messy yet elegant low bun. She wore beaded, cream halter gown which flowed down at her ankles; cream heels on her feet. Sanji was awestruck. In his eyes, she was running towards him and he thought that he had maybe died and went to heaven. She actually however, ran past him towards the main house, with a worried look on her face.

Sanji being the ladies-man he was, fell instantly in love. He called out to her, "Miss, may I please have your name?" he cooed but she didn't stop. 

It seemed like nothing was going to stop her from reaching her destination. She continued on to the mansion and since that was where Sanji was headed to in the first place, he decided to take a casual walk back. It was as if hearts were in his eyes as he thought about meeting the lovely, mysterious lady again.

Nami could not believe that she was so late. She had a light fever when she awoke from a nap she had that afternoon. She apparently didn't dry her hair properly before falling asleep. Her mom told her to stay home but there was no way she was going to do that. Seeing Luffy was first priority in her mind. She most definitely wasn't planning on being held back because of a petty fever. It had been a whole month and though they spoke nearly every day, she was desperate to see him again. She wished that Luffy had not been so busy but her worries were pacified when Luffy explained that his dad just wanted to deal with a few things to grant them both adequate time for each other.

Nami somehow, won the argument with her mom and hurried to get dressed. She was alarmed at the time- the engagement party started 10 minutes ago. She could have called Luffy and told him that she was running late but she didn't have any time to lose for she wanted to look her best. Bellemere and Genzo rushed to get ready as well. Trying to convince their daughter to stay home because of her fever was futile.

Bellemere saw how unsettled Nami was. If someone had told her a month ago that her daughter would fall for an arranged partner, she would not have believed them. A day could not pass without Nami talking about Monkey D. Luffy. "Luffy this," and, "Luffy that." By the looks of it, she would not be surprised if Nami had already fallen for the boy. She gave herself a mental pat on her back. She made the right choice slipping Luffy Nami's number that night.

During the drive to the Monkey D. mansion, Nami fished around in her purse for her phone only to remember leaving it on her bedside table. She mentally kicked herself and insisted that her dad drove faster. She knew very well that Luffy would be a worried and whining mess while waiting for her.

'I'm coming Luffy.'

When they finally arrived, it was already an hour late. Nami with adrenaline coursing through her veins, hurriedly fumbled for the door handle, opened it, slammed it shut and took off. Genzo made an indication to call her back thinking that the proper thing to do was to go in as a family but his wife interrupted him.