Chapter -8-

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."- When Harry Met Sally

It was the next day and Nami laid awake in her bed attempting to rub the exhaustion from her eyes.  A familiar scent caught her nose and she looked down to find that she was wearing Luffy's jacket and still donned her wedding dress.

She eased herself up in a sitting position which she immediately regretted. She was hungover; had a pulsing migraine and was nauseated. To add to that, she was parched.

She decided to freshen up first, neatly folding Luffy's jacket with a smile on her lips, setting it aside on her bed. She slipped out of her dress and changed into comfy grey, plaid trousers and a white camisole. Her hair, now frazzled was then loosened and she allowed it to glide over her shoulders. As she splashed water on her face, she couldn't help but feel like she was forgetting something rather important.

As soon as she brought her head back up, her migraine began to hurt ten times more and she whined at how horrible she felt. She wanted water- now.

She left her room and headed for the stairs, ensuring that she was careful with each step. After reaching almost midway down, she stopped in her tracks. From the staircase, she peered into the living room and was surprised to see Luffy sitting on the sofa accompanied by her mom and Nojiko. The sofa was facing the opposite way but she could see that they were looking through some albums and were having a friendly conversation. A wave of happiness rushed over her but was replaced with a sickly feeling coming up her throat so she quickly but quietly ran back to the confinements of her room.

Nojiko turned to look up the stairway and told the other seat occupants that she was going to check to see if Nami had woken up as yet. It was almost nine in the morning.

She found her hunched over her toilet, spilling out the contents of her gut; she cringed at the sound and worriedly went over to her sister to massage her back.

"You okay?" asked Nojiko.

"Do I look okay?"

"... Guess what? Luffy's here."

Nami breathed heavily over the bowl before emptying whatever remained in her gut for the third time. Nojiko looked at her and smirked watching her flush the toilet and proceeding to brush her teeth at the basin.

"Are you pregnant?"

Nami who was in the middle of rinsing, spat out water all over the bathroom mirror and turned around to stare at her sister with a horrified look.

"What? No!"

"Okay, okay," Nojiko mused, "I'm just messing with ya. Can I get you anything?"

Nami wiped her face with a green towel and left the bathroom to sit at the in front her bed.

"Yeah. Can you bring me some painkillers and a bottle of water, please?

"Sure thing. I'll be right back." Nojiko said while leaving the room.

Nearly five minutes had passed when Nami heard a knock on her door. She looked up at the opening door and saw Luffy stepping in grinning when he saw her. He was dressed casually with a red plain T-shirt and jeans reaching his knees. She smile weakly at him.

"Hi."

"Hey," he said joining her on the carpeted floor, "You don't look so good."

He handed her the requested items and she she swallowed the tablets and drank the water after thanking him. She rested the almost empty bottle at her side and opened her arms out towards him. Luffy more than willing, consumed her in his warmth; she wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into his shoulder. All she wanted at that moment was to be held by him.