Chapter -4 -

"The best proof of love is trust." -Unknown

Dragon cleared his throat in the microphone achieving everyone's attention.

"A pleasant goodnight to all our fellow friends and family.   As all of you may know, my son, Monkey D. Luffy, is engaged. It is indeed phenomenal. Those of you who really know my son know exactly what I mean... Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my son and his fiancee, Nami."

He turned around and was annoyed to only find Nami standing behind him by herself.

"Where is that bastard?"

Nami pointed to the food table with an amused expression on her face. She did try to stop him but he kept on complaining about how hungry he was.

"Monkey D. Luffy, get back up here!"growled Dragon. Some in the audience laughed. Luffy was always one entertaining lad and it was always a sight to see how he gets on Dragon's nerves. Dragon pinched the bridge of his nose and also had his eyes closed grumbling about his bottomless-pit of a son.

Luffy gulped and in the blink of an eye, he was back right at Nami's side.  The last thing he wanted was to get on his dad's bad side.  Dragon could be scary when he's angry.

Nami glanced at Luffy and noticed that he was bored. She hooked arms with him and gave him a nod when he acknowledged her. Luffy fixed his gaze on her as if he was seeing her for the first time that night.

"You look nice, Nami," he whispered.

"Thanks Luffy. You don't look too shabby yourself."

Luffy was looking very handsome. He was adorned in a black 3-piece suit with a mustard coloured dress shirt all accented by a red tie. His hair was as spiky as the day they met but she decided that she fancied it.

Dragon turned to the entranced couple.

"Marriage isn't about fun and games, Luffy.  It's not always easy but it can be compared to being on an adventure.  Marriage is much more than having a relationship. Think of it as an important partnership."

Luffy nodded with determination and Nami stared fondly at him.

"A toast to the newly engaged couple!" Dragon rose his glass and so did the others in the attendance. Then there was a round of applause with a few shouts of celebration.

"Now," a queer looking guy, named Ivankov with purple hair and abstract looking make up walked up to the small stage, "Wve dance! Brook! Music please!"

"Yes sir!" Brook chimed back in response.

Nami couldn't take her eyes off the queer. His fashion sense was deplorable.  All of a sudden he turned around and winked at her.  She gripped onto Luffy's arm and shivered.  Whoever that guy was was giving her the creeps.

"Don't mind Iva-chan.  He's one of my dad's super weird friends but he's hilarious!" he laughed. He stopped to address Nami earnestly since something felt a bit off to him.

"Nami," she turned to him and Luffy put his warm hand on her forehead and brought it back to his, "Are you feeling okay? You're heating up."

"Oh- That's what I have been trying to tell you earlier. I have a little fever but I'm okay. You don't have to-"

She was suddenly pulled off the makeshift stage and into the small crowd of people.

"Chopper!"

Chopper was idling with Usopp listening to his unbelievable story about how he stole the hearts of 500 maidens in a period of only 5 days. The two turned when they saw Luffy approach and Chopper quickly hid behind Usopp.