Chapter -20-

"Anyone that truly cares about you will never put you last on their list. That person will find time for you. That person will tell you, show you, and prove the love they have for you everyday you are a part of their life."- Mustafa Alam

During an afternoon cleaning day, Nami found some envelopes tucked in the very side of the couch and with interest,she rest down her duster and flipped through them absentmindedly.

"Luffy? When did these mail come in?"

Luffy turned around with the broom in his hand and after recognizing the envelopes, says, "A while."

Nami came across the letter for the Cartography Competition and she worked on opening it. She had been waiting what seemed like forever on it for they mentioned that they were going to distribute the date of the judging as well as other details via letter format and to think that it was busy hiding away between the couch.

"Maybe Sabo put them there cause I can remember just resting them on the couch before he visited."

Sabo decided to invite himself into their house 2 weeks ago, eating their food, watching their TV and sitting on their couch and he most likely stuffed the envelopes out of his way to make himself even more comfortable.

She knew who he was. Had heard stories but did not at the time know exactly what he looked like so when she went ahead of Luffy with a few bags of groceries, she saw him turning around with his feet up on the couch with a mouth full of food and he had the nerve to muffle to her: "Hey, sis."

She freaked out- had all right to- and quickly grabbed the nearest object next to her and assaulted the intruder but stopped when Luffy rushed up and told her that the intruder just happened to be his brother. Luffy had his fill of laughter that day and she received and ear full of apologies that day from Sabo. All in all, he was a chill guy even though he had a weird brother complex.

She checked the venue and as her eyes skimmed through, she gasped. The judging was today.

"Luffy."

"What's up?"

"We have only 3 hours left to reach Loguetown Hall in time. Hurry up and get changed. We have to leave now."

"Now? Is the award ceremony today?"

"Yes it is," she said standing up and hurried to her room to prepare. "Get dressed now. We can't be late."

"Nami."

"Hm?" she responded reopening her door now standing in her bra and shorts unbuttoned. All she had to do was slip something on real quick.

"Today's the day, huh?" he said with a reassuring smile.

"Yeah." And she grinned wide, brimming with excitement. Today is the day.

They arrived at Loguetown Hall a half an hour late because of traffic. Luffy could tell how on edge she was. She held his hand the entire ride. They made it in time for the nominations which was what Nami was hoping for. To be honest, the other segments of the ceremony were just a complete waste of time.

It was nothing like Luffy expected. The parking lots were packed and news stations with their flashing cameras were present please for the event. Nami said that the contest was international, in other words, a very big deal and it would take only the best of the best to take home gold. The atmosphere was stiff with anticipation but he had total faith in his wife. There were no 'if's' or maybe's'.