Chapter -23-

It has been the fourth time for the morning Nami peed and as she cleansed her hands, she hummed to herself. Evidently in a good mood until her hand blindly reached out to grab the towel and in the process, knocked over her glass candle. Like slow motion she watched it fall to the tiled floor and shatter into a million pieces.

She had really liked that candle. It helped her relax and it was borderline expensive. Now it was gone.

Tears came about her eyes and the door suddenly pushed open and then came her husband hurrying in.

"Nami!? What's wrong? I heard something fall. Is everything okay?"

Seeing that his wife was fine, he cast his eyes on the floor to suspect the damage and saw that it was the candle he bought for her a week ago.

From Nami came a sniffle and he was instantly at her side.

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"No... But the candle's all ruined and it's all my fault. I should have been more careful."

He held her head close to his shoulder and kissed her hair.

"It's okay."

"How can it be okay?"

"Because it's just a candle."

Nami blinked and looked around the bathroom, returning to normal.

"You're right. It's just a candle."

She took a tissue to dry the waterworks and walked over to the cupboard to grab the broom and dustpan.

"What are you doing?"

Nami gave her husband a look, "I'm going to clean the mess. That's something I could do with ease."

Luffy frowned and took the gadgets from her, "I'll do it."

"Thank you." She smiled as she watched him and said, "These mood swings are getting out of hand, Luffy. I'm sorry that you have to put up with them."

"I don't mind."

Soon she stooped down side him and kissed his cheek. Saw him smile and turn to kiss her lips and was back to work when Nami pointed out a lone shard he missed.

"Is she here as yet?"

"Yeah. Before I came to check on you, I left her seated in the living room. She's even got a notebook and everything."

"Wow," Nami frowned, "I can imagine the number of questions she's gonna ask us. I was hoping to catch up on some sleep."

"We can cancel if you're not up for it." Luffy stood and helped his wife up.

"No. Let's just get this over and done with."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay just make sure you watch your step."

"I know, Luffy. I'm being careful."

Nevertheless, he still looked out for her.

Now, I know the lot of you are wondering about what's going on and why there's an extra chapter to a completed story but you'll soon find out in a bit.

I've been looking forward to doing this for weeks now and they finally were able to invite me to their home. Who is they? Well here they are right now!

Luffy and Nami walked into the living room and I stand to shake the lady of the house's hand and believe me, it's hard bottling up my excitement.

"It's so nice to finally meet you! Thank you so much for this opportunity."