Chapter -12-

"A good relationship starts with good communication."- Unknown

One week later...

Zoro relaxed on the porch of his japanese styled home after a round of intensive training. He had a bath and was ready to enjoy some quality sake and barbecued chicken wings he ordered. The night air was clean with steady breeze and a tranquil star-littered sky.

He tilted the jug to his head and the fermented liquid gushed down the sides of his mouth, falling on his tanned, strong, scarred chest. He paused midway when he heard a car pulling at the front and the sound of someone kicking in his door that he was 100% sure he locked. He checked his watch and it was around 9:30 pm.

Zoro placed his hand on the handle of his katana. It was common for aspiring swordsmen to shamelessly come to his house to challenge him but never at this time of night. Whoever this intruder was, they chose the wrong house to break into. And Zoro did not plan on making them get away.

As the footsteps came closer, Zoro swiftly got to his feet and swung his sword at the incoming figure with the intention to kill or if they were lucky, to inflict damage.

The dark figure appeared, easily dodged the expert swipe and punched him squarely in the face, sending him flying forcibly to the floor. Zoro's eyes popped open as he cried out and his hand flew to his throbbing cheek. He looked up to see Luffy coming into the light.

"Luffy? What the hell, man?!"

"Sorry, Zoro. Thought you were somebody else."

"..."

Zoro stood up and leaned on one of the columns and he saw Luffy sit down close to where his previous spot was with a blank look on his face, hands anchoring him backwards, swinging his feet. Luffy noticed the bowl of chicken and began stuffing his face.

Zoro didn't expect to see him a day early. He would randomly visit much to Zoro's dismay just to annoy him and to drag him into silly games with the guys. But it was strange seeing him this late and so calm and quiet.

"Luffy." The captain looked at him with an owlish expression. "What are you doing here?"

Luffy blinked rapidly and comical tears settled in his eyes. Zoro's brow stiffened and his face hardened, waiting for his captain to speak. Luffy swallowed and his shoulders began to shake before he threw himself at the swordsman, hugging one of his legs.

"Oi. What's wrong?" asked Zoro.

"Zorooo," Luffy whined. "Nami hates me!" Comical tears streamed down his face and he wiped snot on his friend's trousers.

Zoro made a face of disgust. "Oi, oi!" he protested and kicked Luffy off him.

He breathed off. 'So this was the witch's doing, huh?' He sat down next to his best friend who was busy wiping his face with the back of his hand.

"What do you mean she hates you?" he asked as Luffy resumed eating his chicken wings that he paid good money for.

"I don't know really. She seemed so quiet and distant lately and no matter how many times I ask her if something's wrong, she would tell me that she's fine. I can sense that she's not. She hates me, Zoro."

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything... Though we've been arguing a lot about me leaving the toilet seat up, leaving the bathroom floor wet after showering and about my midnight snacking. There was a time we bought separate delicious cakes at a bakery. I got two banana cakes and she got an orange-tangerine one. She ate only half of it and went to take a nap and I thought that she she didn't want anymore so I ate the rest of it. Nami was really upset when she found out and she went behind my back and ate the last cake I had left without sharing and I called her a jerk."