Chapter -10-

"Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room." -Marc Hack

In their new home, Luffy and Nami were organizing their things to be distributed in the different rooms. It was a homey apartment; much smaller than what both of them were used to but neither of them were complaining. Their flat consisted of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a well designed kitchen, a study, living room and a small balcony overlooking the city and the ocean. It had everything that they would basically need. Bellemere did an outstanding job with the decorating.

It was located conveniently close to the city where commuting was easy and it was not too far from either of their original homes.

Their week had been booked with fun, random dates and it was time to settle down in their new home once and for all.

The time was around 10 am. Luffy was occupied setting up Nami's desk in her room with his prized strawhat dangling at his neck while Nami was in the living room sorting out the boxes. Suddenly, Luffy's phone rang on the coffee table where Nami was.

"Hey, Luffy! Your phone is ringing."

"Answer it for me please, "he answered back.

She checked the caller ID but could not read it since it was just a bunch of random letters and numbers that did not make sense. She figured that Luffy was too lazy to type the person's name correctly. She answered it.

"It's Makino-san," she whispered over to him.

"Hi Makino-san. It's Nami. How are you doing? How's Toshiro-kun?"

"Oh- hi, dear. That's what I'm calling about actually. You see, I have an important engagement to attend real soon and I was wondering if you two could help watch him for me while I'm away."

"Yes. We'd love to. Luffy says that it wouldn't be a problem. What time should we expect you?" Nami asked. She could barely mask the excitement in her voice.

Makino smiled, "Actually I'm at the apartment right now. Dadan-san gave me the address. All I need is the floor number."

Soon Makino along with her little bundle were invited in. Toshiro laid fast asleep in his baby carrier. She rested him down on the sofa and turned around to speak with Luffy.

"Thank you so much for helping me out today, Luffy. I know that this is a bad time and all so I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

He flashed her a grin, "It's fine. Right Nami?"

Nami was busy watching over the sleeping child took a while to answer before saying, "Huh-oh-yes. It's fine." She marveled at Toshiro, he had grown bigger compared to the last time she saw him.

Makino slipped a baby bag off her shoulder and handed it over to Nami instructing her on when his next feed would be and that further instructions were jotted down on a paper in the bag's side pocket. Other essentials like nappies, wipes, change of clothing, toys and blankets were also included. Additionally, she made them know that they should call her in the event that they may be uncertain about something or in case of an emergency.

She whispered to Toshiro, "Be a good boy to your Uncle Luffy and your auntie Nami," before giving him a kiss goodbye.

"I'll be back for him at 4pm. Good luck, guys and thanks again.