Chapter -16-

"A relationship means you come together to make each other better. It's not all about you, and it's not all about them. It's all about the relationship. Support them in their dreams/vision just as much as you would expect them to support you. Challenge each other to go beyond average. Pull out the greatness from within each other. Make sure they can find their biggest fan in you, and you find yours in them." -Trent Shelton

Luffy approached Nami and was about to end the call he was having with Ivankov.

"Okay. Thanks for calling and letting me know. Bye."

They were out for lunch at an outdoor diner in town busying themselves colouring the picture at the back of the kids' menu. It became a habit of theirs that Luffy implemented; something that they both looked forward to. It was embarrassing at first but Nami learned to not care for the the judgemental stares and threw caution to the wind.

She took pleasure in the fact that her colouring turned out great compared to Luffy's. It was a competition between them. His own looked decent today since he concentrated on not colouring outside the lines for once. He liked the competition and one thing she learned about him that stood out the most was the fact that he hated to lose.

"What's up?" she asked.

"It's my dad. He collapsed at work today because of overwork and he also has a fever. Iva-chan called to let me know that Dadan would be out of town tomorrow and no one will be around to help look after him." He picked up his crayon. " He will be hiring a nurse. I hope that he gets better soon."

"I can help look after him," said Nami.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It also gives us the chance to know each other better. It'll be fine."

Luffy cultivated an excellent bond with her parents and she unfortunately never got around to have a wholesome conversation with her father-in-law and wanted to pounce on the opportunity.

He smiled that charming smile he does from time to time and his lips were on hers for a split second.

"That will be awesome," he said standing back up," I'll go call Iva-chan back right now."

He left Nami in a flushing mess because he rarely initiated kissing so when he did, it always was a pleasant surprise.

She reached blindly for her strawberry milkshake but it was gone. She had only literally taken a few sips from it and she clenched her hand into a fist and leered into the direction Luffy vanished.

The waiter brought the final dish he ordered despite already eating a whale's worth of food and was unsurprisingly still hungry. She thanked the young man and smirked deviously at the sweet smelling dish before her. It was payback time.

Nami knocked on Dragon's door and upon entering asked him how the fever was treating him.

"I feel like shit."

"You look like shit," she said and Dragon chuckled. That was probably true.

He had already bathed, had taken his medicine and was glued to his bed. He would rather be at work right now but thanks to his collapse yesterday, he got a full day of rest that he needed and decided to take his queer friend's advice and take the extra day off due to the fever. Not to mention his massive headache.

"Luffy said that he would come visit you after work today," Nami said.

Knowing his son, Dragon knew that he would throw a party of some sort to celebrate his absence. It would be a change for his subordinates since the 'scary boss' as they would dub him managed the company with an iron fist.