Come Back...

Have you ever gone through such a traumatic experience that you don't know exactly how you can move on from it? That's what I'm experiencing now. Being attacked by the terrorist spy hunting group, the Circle of Cavan, and being told they are after your best friend and you not being able to do a damn thing about it is a pretty traumatic experience. I also wasn't left with much time to really process what had happened.

I know going back to my spy school should make me feel safer, Tyler told me I'd be safer here. But I'm not sure if I understood the price of safety.. They made entering the school like going through airport security. They blocked up every single secret passageway in the whole school, as far as I'm aware, which is a lot because this is quite an old school. The girls coming back from summer vacation are going crazy wondering what the hell is going on.

How do we explain to them what's going on? 'Oh hey! Yea, I was attacked during summer vacation, but don't worry. They weren't after me; they were after my best friend! You know her right? Jessica. Yea, the one with the Vice President as a dad. Talking about that, the President's son got attacked right along with us! Talk about a bonding experience.' 

There is no good way to bring this topic up. Nevertheless, here we are sat at our first welcome back breakfast of the school year. Here's the moment of truth. Headmistress Morgan got up and took her place to begin talking to the school. I would've felt better if Dee and Bri were here, but they are both late to move in day. Dee's flight back from California, where her family went for summer vacation, got delayed. While, Bri had some family issues to take care of. Which isn't really the first day, because we don't have class.

"Good Morning Girls. I know you all must be wondering why the sudden enhancement in our security. Well, we are trying to make sure all of you are as safe as possible. Over the summer, three of our students were attacked..." she added softly before looking over at us quickly, "by an unknown group of people. We don't exactly know if it is an attack to hurt one person or a group of people. Either way, we want to make sure that every single last one of you girls stay safe. We hope that we haven't scared you too much and that you will be able to enjoy the new school year." She ended before walking back to her table. 

Memories of that day flashed through my mind. Images of masked men were burned into my head. I could re-feel every punch and kick that was thrown at me. I could re-feel my ribs breaking and my head being thrown into a wall. I could feel myself reliving that moment right now. I started panicking.

I suddenly felt nauseous and short of breath. Then everything started to get smaller and I felt like I was being trapped. I pang in my chest knocked all the breath out of me and I felt like I was suffocating.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Okay?" I announced looking at Jess and Jade.

"You want us to come with you?" Jade offered.

"No, I'm good." I walked quickly out of the Grand Hall trying not to draw attention to myself. Once out, I sprinted to the nearest bathroom and gripped the sink to stabilize myself. Everything started getting dizzy and my head felt like it was about to explode. I sat against the wall and started breathing; in and out I had to remind myself. I tried to think of happy thoughts, anything to distract myself but nothing was working. 

My mind kept creeping back to that moment and every part of my body started aching, like the morning I had first woken up from the incident. I racked my brain for happy memories of after that. When I woke up. Something to think about other than the excruciating pain that I was feeling. Then it came. His voice. As soon as I thought of his voice my heartbeat returned back to normal, my breathing steadied, everything was returning to its proper state. 

Then I remembered. I remembered the day that ruined everything. The day that crushed my heart, but brought me back to reality. I placed my head in my arms as flashes of that night came rushing back to me. I had snuck out of the school a week or so before school started. I was tired of people watching my every move, so I decided to take a walk.