Eating Out

Eating Out

Driving away from her childhood home Harper sighed, a genuine smile on her lips as she tried recalling the last time she spent the day with Olivia. It wasn't what she planned for the evening but it was a great distraction. Hell, all day Harper didn't think to look over her shoulder or wonder if Kiev would show up. It was just Olivia and her.

After breakfast Olivia convinced Harper to go to the movies where they watched the worst thriller movie ever. The dialogue was lacking, the special effects were cheat and the actors over acted. Normally Harper would have ditched the movie but it was more fun to make fun of the cheap film with Olivia. Afterwards they hit the boutique at 34st where Olivia maxed out her dad's credit card. Harper did feel jealous when Olivia chose whatever she pleaded without a care while she took secret looks at the price before picking the clothing. Their dad's endless supply of money was definitely something Harper missed yet would never admit out loud.

Eight hours later Harper was heading to grab an early dinner and head back home where she could hopefully return to her mission to learn more about Kiev.

Parking by Wendy's Harper grabbed her wallet and keys before stepping out of the car when she felt a warm breeze tickle the nape of her neck. Her skin broke out in hives as her heart sped up, the warmth feeling strangely familiar and strange since it was nearly thirty degrees outside. Kiev.

Whipping around with her keys between each finger like brass knuckles Harper swung ready for the demon but found no one there. Searching the parking lot for a few minutes she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

I'm being paranoid.

Despite the thought Harper remained rooted to the ground, her eyes scanning the area. Goosebumps erupted across her skin, a sense of excitement tingling her insides making her doubt herself. Her mind struggled between deciding which feeling was true, the chills running down her spine or the tightening of her lower belly.

When seconds turned to minutes Harper continued forward, back rigid and still unsure of the polar opposite emotions she felt. She didn't have much of a choice, Kiev was no where to be seen and if she remained standing the way she was someone would think she is insane. She sure was starting to feel like it.

Reaching the front door Harper felt the warmth once again tickle across her cheek, only this time she didn't have the opportunity to react when a solid arm appeared around her waist dragging her to the side of the building. She hit the wall with a soft thud as a body pressed against her, cool hands taking hold of her wrists, immobilizing her.

"You almost had me there." Kiev chuckled, as he leaned his face closer to her. The shadow cast by the lights in the front of the fast food joint hid most of his features, only the shimmer of mischief in his eyes visible and his mouth. His lips were pulled back exposing his teeth.

  Harper's legs quaked as she felt his breath whisper across her cheeks. Her breath hitched at the feel of his lips touching hers, barely grazing her parted lips. Heart hampering in her chest she felt like a teenage girl again. The nerves and curiosity swirled in her lower abdominal rousing a part of her she didn't know needed to be awoken. Swallowing hard Harper met his gaze well aware of she titled her head up a bit more their lips would be connected completely.

"I can still slit your throat." Harper whispered hoarsely.

  Chuckling softly he pressed his hips to hers, his breath tickled her nose. "That would be difficult considering your current position."

Ignoring the gentle strokes of the warm hands on her hips Harper tilted her head to the side causing their lips to brush against each other again. The heat was there, licking beneath the surface, sensing the turn in events.