In The Daylight

In The Daylight

  Morning light pooled through the open sheets, bathing the bed in the warm rays of the late morning. Feeling the warmth dancing across her closed eyelids Harper buried her face deeper into the pillow beneath her when a soft pinging sound caught her attention. Eyelids snapping open Harper turned towards her nightstand where her phone lay. With furrowed brows she grabbed it and the message on the screen had her fully awake.

  Sitting up Harper ignored the late hour and instead turned her attention to the gps app she installed to spy on Olivia. With wide eyes she watched the blue dot speeding through the streets, getting further and further from home where Olivia should be since she was still grounded. Harper watched as the dot finally halted at a unfamiliar street. Exiting the gps app Harper checked the messages sent to Olivia's phone, an extra feature from the chip she installed yesterday. Everything Olivia did on her phone; messages, phone calls, hell even the games she downloaded Harper would receive. Skimming through the nonsense tweets from friends Harper switched to the phone log but found nothing to explain why Olivia was in the middle of no where.

Lowering her phone Harper released a sigh when a muffled groan sounded from beside her. Turning towards the sound she couldn't help the corners of her mouth from switching into a smile. With both hands under a pillow and his face buried into the polka dotted encased pillow was Kiev, sëx demon and heir to the demon throne. His eyes were closed, his lips slightly parted but the remainder of his features were relaxed and gave him a gentler, sexy look. It almost made him seem angelic with the golden rays of morning light bathing his bare back in its warmth. His bronze skin glistening like the sands of Bermuda. His pitch black hair glossy as if fell carelessly over his left eye. The image had her breath catching in her throat as she stared in awe at the Adonis laying in her bed. It was every woman's fantasy and a photographer's dream come true. And Harper was both.

Sinking her teeth into her bottom lip Harper hesitantly lifted her phone as she open the camera app. The moment was too mesmerizing to fade away into lost memories. Snapping a couple shots Harper glanced down at the screen and smiled when another groan came from Kiev.

Lowering the phone Harper glanced down and found his forest green eyes staring back at her, an extra shimmer in their depths.

"You're awake." She blurted out breathlessly.

Propping himself onto his elbows he scrunched up his nose in disgust. "Actually I never fell asleep, I did try and it was torture."

A smile formed on her lips as she shook her head. "Why would you try sleeping if you didn't need it?"

For a long moment he didn't reply, his gaze sweeping across her face as a tender look flashed in his soft eyes. A warmth spread across her cheeks as his gaze traveled down to her bare chest, his lips parting as they settled on her erect nìpples. She completely forgot her nude form and had the sudden urge to hide from his heated stare. It took all her courage to have her arms remain at her sides and her head held high.

"I didn't want to seem creepy when you wake up and I'm just sitting here staring at you." He finally responded. His gaze darted to the phone on her lap before returning to meet her bashful stare. "You didn't seem to mind being creepy though."

"I didn't- I mean I did but not..." Pausing mid stutter Harper shook her head, an awkward smile forming on her lips as she glanced down at the screen.

  She hadn't realized how this would appear to him nor did she think to confirm he was asleep. The artist within her perked at the priceless moment and without a second thought she took it, quite literally. As the silence stretched between them she knew there was no squirming out of the situation so she opted for honesty. Despite the way her cheeks heated with embarrassment she met his quizzical stare and immediately regretted it.