Chapter Ten

Mei's face mirrored everyone else's; complete shock. She looked upwards with her eyes and saw the bored expression on Kazuma's face. This guy is insane! There is no way I could be a Pureblood! Mei screamed in her head. Mei struggled against Kazuma, hoping to loosen his grip on her. Kazuma glanced down at her and tightened his grip, hard enough to where it actually hurt Mei, causing her to whimper.

"It's not possible," Soushi said, eyeing Mei with horrified eyes. "Pureblood Clans were wiped out years ago, especially the Desani Clan! I know this for a fact they were destroyed!"

"But I'm the proof right in front of your eyes old man," Kazuma said unenthusiastically. "Not all of the Purebloods were wiped out. Hell, the emperor has his own squad of a couple Purebloods, which pisses me off."

"You're lying," Kalik said through gritted teeth. "Why would the Emperor have Purebloods in the first place since he was the one who wiped them out?"

"You may not believe my words, but you will believe when this girl transforms."This guy is insane! Mei thought as she grabbed the hand covering her mouth and tried to pull it away from her.

"Watch and learn," Kazuma said, and suddenly Mei stopped struggling. Her eyes widened with shock as Kazuma's hand, the one resting on the side of her head, was emitting a yellow light. Memories came crashing back into Mei's brain, her eyes widening. Mei let at a terrifying scream and struggled against Kazuma. Each second that passed made the torture going on in Mei's mind burn horribly, causing her screams to get even louder. Pain was shooting throughout Mei's body, making her go numb. Images Mei had never seen before started to become familiar to her, like a distant dream. Mei's eyes were getting heavy and her screams were becoming more silent. All at once, Mei blacked out.

******

Kalik watched with disgust as Kazuma adjusted his hand against Mei's head and a yellow ball of energy started swirling around Mei. The sound of her screams pierced him, and he knew she was in agonizing pain. He ran towards Kazuma with his sword drawn, only to run into the other demon with the blue hair. They crossed blades and the demon shoved him backwards, and Kalik hated how the demon made it look so easy to shove him aside. Soushi and Takashi, followed by Kalas and Kaito, came and stood near Kalik as Mei's screams began to die down. They watched as her body went limp. Kazuma smiled and laid her on the ground then looked back up at them, his yellow eyes gleaming in the moonlight. Kazuma stood back up and stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking bored again.

"You bastard. What the hell did you do to Mei?!" Kaito snarled.

"Gave her back everything her mother took away from her when she was handed over to the humans," Kazuma stated. "When she regains consciousness, you won't recognize her as the Mei you use to know. In fact, you may not recognize her at all." Sakura and the other demon laughed and Kalik narrowed his eyes. Soushi put his hand on Kalik's shoulder, as if to calm him down.

"Why do you want Mei to regain her memory?" Soushi asked. "Wasn't it you who said her existence should be kept a secret?"

"I don't need to be lectured by you, old man," Kazuma growled. "With Mei regaining what she lost, we have a better chance against the Empire. Keeping her a secret from the other clans was my intention. The Emperor already knows she lives."

"You plan on going up against the Empire?" Soushi exclaimed.

"Naturally. You haven't seen the power we Purebloods possess. Since the Emperor controls most of the remaining Purebloods, I'll need her. Besides, once we set everything straight, the line of Purebloods can resume."

"You're going to use Mei for some reproduction operation?!" Kalik yelled, his eyes flaring dangerously.

"You humans really don't understand what's going on, do you? I guess you haven't seen what your beloved Emperor has been doing. Your arrogance will be the death of you." Before Kalik could say anything else, the ground began to shake. Their eyes widened and their gaze flickered over to Mei. Kazuma looked back at Mei and started smiling. Bright purple energy started circling around Mei, then it shot up into the air, the entire circle around Mei lit up with the purple energy. They watched as Mei's figure slowly stood up inside of the energy barrier, then the energy exploded, sending debris flying in every direction and barely missing Kalik and the others. The dust around the area started to thin, and their eyes widened with horror.