Chapter 2: Un-rejected

The magic vanished in thin air as Jackson stood before me in shock.

"We can't do this."

He said giving me a cold stare. I looked down at the ground, unsure of how to respond. I had expected him to react this way. Hell, I knew exactly how he felt but to not even try to give me a chance!? That was just cruel. I turned my gaze and scanned the garden to see who Ellie had been mated with, finding her under one of the trees, I saw her with an Alpha named Derek. Though I didn't really know him very well, I knew he was somewhat nice. I turned my attention back to Jackson. "Look, I'm not happy about this either. You've slept with more girls than you can probably even count, but don't you want to give this a chance?"

Jackson suddenly tensed. "Sophia, stand next to me."

"Wha-?" Before I could protest, Jackson pulled me to his side and wrapped his arm around my waist. I rolled my eyes wondering what this was about, one second he's saying that we can't do this, and the next he's putting a possessive arm around me?

"Jackson, I'm so proud of you, finally meeting your mate." Jackson's father, Charles, patted his son's shoulder. "With you being so... erm unstable, I had been considering making your brother the Alpha." Oh now I understand what this is about, I sneaked Jackson a glare before bowing at Charles politely, "It's very nice to meet you sir."

"Oh stop with the formalities! Please call me Charles, seeing as your family now!" Charle's beamed at me, "Very pretty girl you chose Jackson." Jackson looked down at me like he was seeing me for the first time. I was barely wearing a dress, all thanks to Ellie, and he hadn't noticed? Can't catch a break. I smiled at Charles as he talked about all the plans he had in store. "So we will get you all moved in by tomorrow morning, how's that sound?"

"Moving? Where?" I gave him a confused stare before putting two and two together. He wanted me to move into their territory already!? Jackson didn't even want me. I felt Jackson shift uncomfortably beside me, his arm was still around my waist and as much as I liked it, I also hated it. I saw Ellie approached us and I quickly used her as an excuse to get as far away from both of them as I could. "Ellie! Introduce me to your Mate!" I pulled her in a random direction, putting as much distance away from Jackson as possible.

"Oh shit." Ellie stopped me in my tracks, her eyes were as wide as saucers. I let go of her arm and nodded weakly. I was starting to feel sick. The whole ceremony hadn't gone as I had hoped. I slid down on the grass and just laid there, wishing the world would just stop.

"Oh sophie, I'm so sorry, he doesn't deserve you, your too good for him" I stared at the moon, which had looked so magical before the night started, looming ominously over me. There had to be some kind of reason, I believed in fate, so in this case was I being punished? I sat up at the sound of footsteps. Ellie stood up and glared at Jackson, "If you hurt her, I'll look to it that your head gets chopped off." Jackson stood there awkwardly as he cleared his throat. I glared at him, finally fed up with not knowing how to even feel about the whole ordeal.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly as Jackson's jaw clenched.

"I can't reject you." Jackson's darkened eyes stared me down, "So your going to be a good little mate and play along until I can find a way to convince my father that I don't need you."

I stood up and glared at him, "And what makes you think I want to be part of this little charade?" A smile appeared on Jackson's handsome face. I felt my heart flutter, and scowled at my reaction to him. I had to find a way to control myself, he seemed to be doing a better job at it. I turned away and bit my bottom lip. "Don't turn away from me." Jackson said coldly. I felt a tear run down my face, I shook my head.

"I don't deserve this, I don't want you as a mate, if your not going to reject me, I'll do the honors."

I wiped my face and stood right in front of him, though I never thought I'd be in this position, I knew it had to be done. Not cutting ties with Jackson would only hurt me more. "Jackson Brixton, I, Sophia Dwight, Re-" before I could finish my sentence, Jackson's lips crashed into mine. Sparks flew throughout my body, I couldn't resist wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt myself getting lost in the kiss and the question of him even feeling the same way quickly disappeared to the back of my mind. Jackson wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I smiled slightly at his response, the bond was strong. He couldn't deny it and unfortunately, neither could I.

____________

Let me know what you think by commenting below!

:)