Chapter 11: Caged In

Darkness is all I saw as she took control of my body. It was as if I was on Autopilot that couldn't be turned off. My mind was filled with dark thoughts of loss and death, it made me ache for Jackson and his warmth. I kept walking in a random direction, not knowing where I was. The fog surrounding me seemed to thickened as a murky lake appeared. I saw a shadow in the corner of my eye and looked behind me.

"Hello Sophie." I turned around and saw it was a man, I backed away from him. "Don't worry, I'm here to help you." The man extended his hand out "I'm Benjamin, but you can call me Ben."

I took his hand and noticed how cold it felt. "What is this place?" I asked, it was starting to give me the creepy crawlies.

"It's a place for lost souls." I looked at him in panic. "Am I dead?"

Ben chuckled and patted my shoulder. He shook his head and signaled for me to follow him. "Sophie you're here because your soul is stuck. You have not fully accepted what you've become, in order to take full control, you need to recognize your full potential."

What did that even mean? I just wanted to go home and see Jackson, maybe even have some lunch. Mmm yeah, pizza sounded really good at the moment. Ben stared at me. "Are you even listening?"

"Look I'm sorry but I don't understand, I don't even know who the lady is that is controlling my body!"

Ben smiled weakly, "Her name is Serena, she really wasn't all that bad before. She was a good person who witnessed bad things and now she wants revenge for what she lost."

I stared at Ben "How do you know all this?"

"Because I was her mate."

Jackson's P.O.V

Chad looked at us wearily, he had told us everything. From the time he met Isabella to when she was kidnapped. I ran a hand through my hair, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Serena is powerful, she can do things I've never seen before. I was afraid." Chad stared down in guilt. I saw Isabella squeeze his hand. We had come up with a plan and had put the pack on lock down. Since Serena was after Charle's we would draw Sophie and Serena towards the Pack jail cells by rubbing his scent on the trail. We would then lock Sophie in and hope it was enough to hold her in for a couple days, or at least until I was back.

We heard Sophie before we saw her coming. She was terrifying, her fur was now black and her pupils a dark shade of purple. Her jaw hung open, revealing a sharp set of long Canines. I looked over to Charles and he nodded. He went out the backdoor and ran towards the cells. The beast stopped in front of the house and stalked towards the window, she snarled and caught Charles scent. She ran faster than I've seen any wolf run and I hoped Charle's would stay safe. Chad and I ran behind Sophie as she ran towards the cells.

I saw Charle's sneak down into the underground tunnel, Sophie followed him and fell for the trap. Realizing too late what was going on, her first instinct was to attack. Sophie turned towards Chad and I and snapped at us. She charged towards us. Chad went inside the cell and Sophie followed suit. As Sophie attempted to press Chad into the walls of the jail cell, I shifted into my black wolf and ran towards Sophie. Pouncing on her back I dug my claws, deep enough to make her stop but not completely hurt her. She let go of Chad and both of us escaped.

Shutting the gate behind us we slid to the ground panting. Sophie growled in frustration as she paced around the cell, I saw her eyes turn slightly green. "Sophie?" Her eyes turned purple again and she bared her teeth at me.

"Chad, what if she escapes?" I helped him stand back up.

"Then we're screwed." I glared at him and stared at the beast inside the cage. This was definitely not Sophie, she was under some kind of spell. "There's only one way to get Sophie back." Chad stared at me with a knowing look and nodded.