Chapter 10: Awakened

The sun's rays flooding through the window made my eyes flutter open. My head was pounding and the light only made it worse. I felt anger course through my body when I noticed that Jackson wasn't in the room. Where was he? Wasn't he worried? I quickly frowned at my reaction. Calming myself down by reminding myself Jackson cared about me and he probably went to get breakfast. I stumbled out of the bed and grabbed the nearest chair to balance myself. I went over to the window and squinted, the light was too bright. After closing the curtains, I went to the bathroom. Turning on the faucet to splash some water on my face, I looked up at myself in the mirror and gasped. My eyes were a light shade of purple. How? I closed my eyes and opened them again. They had returned to their normal color, I chuckled at myself. It must be some kind of side effect from the injection. I heard some kind of commotion going on downstairs and decided to go investigate.

"You WHAT?!" I heard Jackson yell. I ran out and looked from the second floor.

"I'm sorry Jackson I had too! She had Isabella." Chad was being pinned to the wall by Jackson, as a girl, who I assumed was Isabella yelled at Jackson to put Chad down. I went down the stairs. "Jackson, What's going on?" I went by his side and pulled at his arm gently.

"Sophie, you're up?" Jackson let Chad go and stared at me in concern, "How are you feeling?"

"Confused" I looked at Chad and the the girl who was now kneeling beside him. "Whose she?"

"That's Chad's mate." Jackson growled out. I stared at Jackson, so what was the problem? shouldn't we be celebrating Chad having a mate?

"So what's all the yelling about then?" Jackson glared at Chad, "Care to fill her in? You are responsible after all." I looked at Chad in confusion, what had Chad even done?

"I didn't know what would happen." Chad said as he stood up and tried to come near me but was stopped by Jackson. "I just wanted my mate to come home." Jackson's blue eyes turned black with anger.

"So you put MY mate's life at risk?!" Jackson launched at Chad and pinned him to the ground. He swung his fist at Chad's face. Isabella screamed again.

"Jackson stop!" I yelled, but Jackson was too busy in his angry rampage to hear me. I growled and felt my anger rise. Pain shot through my body, it felt like the bones in my body were rearranging themselves on their own, why did it hurt to shift? I stared at my hands as my nails grew sharp like knives. It felt like my body was acting on its own as it charged towards Jackson. I couldn't stop, I pushed Jackson into the wall.

"Sophie stop, you're hurting me." I dug my nails into Jackson. Seeing the fear in Jackson's eyes switched something off because I was able to re-gain control and let go of Jackson. I stumbled backwards and turned away from him. I had tried to hurt my own mate, what was wrong with me? I ran out of the house in agony.

"Sophie! Wait!" I heard Jackson call out but there was no stopping me. I ran till the lake came into view and fell by it's edge before becoming startled by my own reflection. My wolf had changed. I didn't think it was possible. Purple eyes gazed back at me, as I marveled how much my wolf had grown. My paws still bloodied from what I had done to Jackson. I cringed, I didn't mean to hurt Jackson. The anger just took over every single part of me. I sat there hopelessly unaware of the darkness around me.

Serena's P.O.V

I stared at the girl from a distance. She had been able to somehow control the Night-walker inside of her and stopped herself from killing her mate. Impressive, but not impressive enough. I smiled as I closed the distance between us. I put the wolfsbane in my hand and approached her.

"Who are you?" She said, I saw her eyes glow as she smelled the wolfsbane. Her eyes turned purple and I knew she was completely under my control. I admired the magnificent beast in front of me, she was completely terrifying, I knew she would get the job done. I smiled as I answered her question, "I'm your worst nightmare."

~~~Flashback~~~

It had been a week since I had been forced to marry Charles. My happiness was all an act, it was mainly because I was still keeping in touch with Ben. He would come get me soon then we would run away together and leave the country, maybe go to Europe. I smiled as I washed the dishes. I had to keep the little housewife act, I admit Charle's wasn't a bad guy. I felt bad for him since he hadn't found his mate. He was still young, he had time to find her. My cell phone vibrated in my pocket and I went outside to answer it.

"Tonight at midnight." I smiled as I heard Ben and quickly hung up. My wolf stirred in excitement, not having seen my mate was taking it's toll on me. I went back inside to go to my bedroom, I quickly changed into my Pajamas and made sure the backpack I kept was packed and ready to go for when the time came. I went to the bathroom and on my way back I said goodnight to Charles. I wanted to thank him for being so kind but decided it was better for me to keep quiet. Once I saw the clock strike midnight, I took my pack and opened the window. I jumped down, making sure to land softly before taking off into the trees. I ran towards the entrance of the territory and felt Ben was nearby. A figure stood near the trees and my heart leaped out of my chest. "Ben?" As I got closer, I realized he was not alone. Ben was being held by two guards. "Please don't hurt him he's just a friend." I smiled reassuringly at the men, they had to answer to me I was their Luna. A couple seconds passed by and they hadn't let go of Ben. "Let him go! That's an order" I stared them down. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Charles.

"Charle's please tell them to let him go, he means no harm." I rushed over to Charles gently grabbing his arm. Charle's stared at me in disgust.

"You've been talking to this guy the whole time, I knew about this meeting. I've known all along Serena, the only way we can both live happily is if he's gone."

I shook my head, "No! please he's my mate, you can't." I begged. Robert approached behind Charles "He can't, but I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson's P.O.V

I watched as my wounds healed. Sophie had run off and I couldn't help wanting to go after her, but first things first. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed Sophie's dad.

"We got a problem" I said as I paced the room, "She's been awakened." Peter was silent for a few minutes before speaking, "Lucky for us, I managed to find a journal Melanie kept describing the exact location of the night-walkers, you're going to have to keep Sophie somewhere safe from anyone else."

I immediately thought of putting her in the Pack jail cells and hated myself for it. "She'll hate me."

"She'll understand Jackson." Peter reassured me.

Peter and I made plans to meet up tomorrow afternoon, I'd have to drive straight there but it was a trip I had to make, specially since Sophie's life depended on it. "Let's go find ourselves some night-walkers."

_____________

Let me know what you think by commenting below!