Chapter 15: The Prophecy

~Two weeks later~

Jackson and I sat across Jayden and Becca as we ate our breakfast, We had been trying to not think about the fact that we were moving out soon. Jayden and I had done a lot of catching up, it had been nice to see one of my closest friends again. It was too bad that Jackson and I had to leave now, having to meet new people was always nerve wrecking. I smiled as Jackson took a piece of watermelon from my plate and popped it into his mouth.

"Hey!" I slapped his hand away as he attempted to get another piece, "Get your own!" I guarded my breakfast from Jackson. For some reason, I had been feeling hungrier than usual, although it could be because of all the shifting I had been doing lately. It was as if I had two wolves in my body now, during the day my wolf would claw its way out, and at night I was a slave to the Night-Walker beast inside of me. At Least I had better control of my temper. As the server came to pick up my plate, I quickly stopped her, "Could you get me a refill?" she nodded before giving me a strange look. It had been my third plate of eggs and fruit salad. That wasn't bad...was it?

"Man, do you have an appetite!" Jayden shook his head. After eating all that food and receiving more wierd looks, I decided it would be a good idea to go for a run in the afternoon to burn off some calories. I'd been eating triple what I usually ate and it was definitely starting to show. I stood up from the table and left Jackson, Jayden, and Becca staring behind me in confusion. I hadn't told anyone I had been feeling unstable ever since I returned to my body. I didn't want them to worry more than they already did. I walked outside and ran into the woods, feeling as all my bones readjusted themselves to make the perfect creature, white fur seeped out of my skin and I felt my muscles tense before I was able to relax. As my senses heightened, I allowed my wolf to take control as I simply left all my worries behind.

Jackson's P.O.V

Becca and Jayden gave me a questioning look as Sophie left. I simply shrugged and picked off the unfinished fruit on Sophie's plate. She had been acting strange since everything went back to normal, She's always fidgety, as if someone was going to attack her at any moment. Luckily she hadn't become distant, in fact she and I had been spending a lot of quality time together, if you know what I mean.

"Seriously Jackson?" Becca looked at me with a knowing look. Since Becca and I had known each other since we were babies, she always seemed to know what was on my mind. I smirked as I got up, I needed to see what was up with Sophie. "I'll catch you guys later."

As I headed out of the dining area I heard my dad call my name, "Jackson, I'm glad I found you, Alpha Richard has some good news to tell you." I looked outside, feeling the natural pull in my chest that I felt every time I needed to find Sophie. My dad patted my back as he led me towards his office, where I assume Richard was. "Ok but make it quick, I gotta find Sophie." my dad frowned at the tone of urgency in my voice.

"Is she alright?"

"I don't know." I sighed as we walked into the office and sat down on the leather couches. Richard smiled and waited for us to sit down comfortably before giving me his good news.

"Jackson, Your father had told me how much you were looking forward to being an Alpha to your pack someday. As you know, my daughter was not able to lead our pack, but now that you and Sophie are moving in with us, I wanted to offer you the position as Alpha. It is important for a Night-walker to lead our pack, Lucky for you, you happen to be mated to one." I stared at him in shock, I wasn't one of them, I didn't understand their ways. So how could I possibly lead a pack of Night-walkers?

"How though? I'm only a wolf, I'm not a Night-Walker."

Richard chuckled and shook his head, "You will be a leader, it does not matter if you are a wolf, what matters is what's in your heart. Your values and morals will help you become the Alpha we need. Sophie, although she doesn't realize it, knows more about her Night-walker side than she chooses to acknowledge. She has a powerful bloodline in her, if anyone messes with her or her pack she will not hesitate to put them in their place. That is why you two would be the perfect leaders."