Chapter 12: State of Peace

Sophie's P.O.V

I awoke in the middle of the woods, the tall trees loomed over me as I slowly got up feeling a surge of adrenaline flowing through me. Noticing I was no longer in the spiritual world made me feel overjoyed, that meant I could see Jackson soon. A huge tent was set up nearby and I approached it slowly. Was I back in the real world? Or was it another strange spiritual experience? I looked through a little opening in the tent and noticed a woman sipping from a mug. Who was she? I felt a presence behind me as I heard Bens voice in my mind "That's Serena" he said sadly. That was the women that had caused Jackson and his family so much pain? Anger clouded my mind as I walked through the tent. Wait through? I looked around confused, was I still a spirit? Serena turned around and I quickly stepped back outside of the tent. I heard Serena laugh and I curiously poked my head back into the tent.

"Whose there?" She asked in a panic.

"We had a deal Serena! I'm tired and growing impatient." A dark blue figure appeared in front of Serena. It was like nothing I had ever seen before, the figure resembled that of a woman. Serena's eyes filled with fear as she backed away from the creature. The darkness enveloped her and I heard her shrill scream. I turned away not wanting to see what the dark shadow had done to her. "You will find a way to bring my pack back to life."

"B-but that kind of magic, it doesn't exist anymore." Serena replied weakly to the evil creature as it snarled.

"You found a way to summon me, you shall do the same for my pack." The shadow growled at Serena before disappearing. I stared in shock as Serena fell to the floor. How was someone suppose to react after seeing that?

Jackson's P.O.V

I stared at Isabella in shock. A werewolf hunter? How was that even possible? Isabella's voice brought me out of my thoughts, "That story is for another time, We have a werewolf to find." She smiled as she exited the tunnel. I followed her and closed the door behind me. She's close. My wolf's senses heightened as I felt a pull in my chest. "Isabella go and get Chad, I think I know where Serena is." Isabella nodded. I used my mind link and noticed the men in our pack had been scattered around the area to try to find Serena. I shifted into my wolf as I waited for Isabella to return. Isabella finally stepped out of the house fully armed and ready to fight. A crossbow hung from her shoulders, she wore a belt that held guns, silver ammo, and daggers. I shivered at the sight, even though Isabella was on our side, it didn't stop my wolf from cringing. I nodded and signaled for her to follow me towards the direction I was feeling the pull.

"This is strange." Isabella said loudly to me, I tilted my head at her.

"I've never worked with werewolves to kill a werewolf." I simply shrugged and focused on the task at hand. Serena was near but there was another presence, was that why it felt like my chest was being pulled? She's close. My wolf said once more, he was confident and ready. I growled softly as a warning to Isabella as a large blue tent came into view. Isabella pointed towards the right and I nodded as I saw her crouch and start approaching the entrance slowly. I went towards the left side and felt my heart stop at the sight of a ghostly looking Sophie standing near Serena. I felt myself go into panic mode, was she dead? No she couldn't be. She was sitting in the jail cell. I watched as my mate leaned down near Serena and hug her. Why was she hugging her?! She was the enemy! This didn't make any sense, it had to be some kind of trick.

I barked, signaling Isabella to launch her attack. I tore through the ten as Isabella quickly entered and stood beside me, silver arrow aimed at Serena's heart. Serena stayed quiet, she looked up beside her and nodded before staring at Isabella and I. Shifting back to my human form, I decided it was time to get some answers.

"Go ahead." Serena said, she looked as if she had been crying. I felt a growl erupt from my chest. "Not until I get some answers." Serena nodded and I wondered why she was being so cooperative.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I did what I did. Your grandfather killed my mate, I wanted to get revenge on Charle's because it was his fault." I stared at her in disbelief, My father wasn't her mate?

Tears slowly fell from Serena's face, "I thought if I could get revenge on him, I'd be able to live in peace, So I turned to dark magic for help. I tried bringing the oldest, most violent Night-Walker there ever was back to life. You could say she was responsible for almost killing off what was left of her kind. It didn't exactly go as planned, so when I found out a descendent of the Night-walkers was still alive, I had to find her. Of course, when I found out she was your mate, I thought everything was meant to be. That what I was doing was what Ben wanted."

I looked over at Isabella, who still had the arrow aimed at Serena. Isabella gave me a questioning look, I held a finger up and went outside to process what I had just heard. Serena was just another one of the many werewolves who had gone crazy after losing their mate. She had to be killed, but not yet. I went back inside. "How do I bring Sophie back?" Serena smiled wistfully.

"You can't."

Sophie's P.O.V

I clenched my fists at the sight of my body in a cage. It must of been hard for the Pack. I went inside the cell and kneeled near my body. I heard a voice behind me. "Don't even think about it." I saw the shadow women appear in front of me. Darkness embodied her, I had never felt so afraid of something until I laid eyes on her own red ones. "That body will be mine" She said as she charged towards me. I stood tall, awaiting for her darkness to envelope me.