Chapter 6: Jealous Yet?

Chad and I had formed our plan which would begin the next morning at breakfast. I knew I didn't want to go over board with making Jackson jealous, the whole point of it was to make him realize I wasn't someone who was going to wait around. If he decided to keep ignoring me for whatever reason, I was just going to have to leave. I looked at myself in the mirror, I had taken extra time to make myself up and straightened my hair. Hearing a knock on the door, I quickly applied some lipstick and went to open the door. Chad smiled as I closed the door behind me.

"You look amazing." I smiled, hoping Jackson would think the same. We walked downstairs to the dining room. Pack members were just going about their day, I had yet to be introduced to many of them but Charles was going to host an introduction ceremony to officially make me part of the Indigo pack. Chad and I sat down at one of the tables as a red headed girl came to serve us breakfast.

"Luna." She bowed politely

"Please just call me Sophie." I said as she put our food in front of us, she simply smiled and nodded before walking away to continue serving the rest of the Pack. I looked around, noticing that Jackson was not around, I felt my nerves rise with anticipation.

"Relax Sophie." Chad chuckled.

"Is it really that obvious?" Chad nodded as he took a bite of his toast., "Mhmm"

I sighed, I really should relax. No point in acting so anxious if Jackson wasn't even here.

"Ok, well how about you tell me something
strange about yourself."

"Strange? Ok," Chad took a sip of his orange juice while he thought over what to tell me,"I love tomatoes, but I hate ketchup."

I laughed "Oh yeah? Here's something strange, I can't put my shoes on unless I check and make sure there are no bugs inside them."

"Pssh! That's just being a girl." Chad and I continued to talk and eat our breakfast, I couldn't believe Jackson was related to him. They were so different, if it wasn't for their physical appearance, I would have never guessed they were brothers. Chad was more laid back, funny, and kind. I wonder if Jackson use to be this way instead of being so tense and uptight.

"Hey Chad, did something happen to make Jackson the way he is?" I asked hesitantly, not knowing whether it was appropriate or not. Chad leaned close to me which caused me to do the same.

"We should talk somewhere a little more private." Chad tilted his head towards the direction of someone, I quickly took a peek and saw a seething Jackson sitting two tables away from us with Becca. How long had he been there? I quickly nodded and we both stood up and left.

Once we were outside Chad started laughing, "That was great! You should of seen his face"

I rolled my eyes and smiled "I didn't even realize he was there!" Chad slung his arm across my shoulder and smiled. The wolf in me felt slightly uncomfortable, not liking that a guy who wasn't our mate, was touching us. Relax.

"Well, That's why you did so great!" Chad laughed as he let go of me and put his hands in his pockets as we walked towards the creek.

Jackson's P.O.V

I felt my anger rise at the sight of Chad and Sophie laughing and having a good time together. What the hell was he even doing with her? I clenched my hands and tried to calm myself as Becca and I sat down.

"Jackson, I'm sure its nothing." Becca laid a hand over my arm and looked at me with concern. I shrugged her off, I knew she was trying to get me to calm down but she was only making me feel more irritated. I looked over at Chad and Sophie, they were leaning a little too close to each other. One of the servers brought us our breakfast and left quickly, probably realizing I wasn't in a very good mood. I felt my wolf threaten to come out, Becca cleared her throat and gave me a hard look. Running a hand through my hair, I sighed and tried to calm my wolf down by breathing in and out.