Chapter 3: That little bastard

The next morning I awoke to the sound of Ellie's soft snoring, I touched my lips remembering last nights kiss with Jackson. Thinking about it made my lips tingle. I groaned, I had to stop this! I couldn't want Jackson, when he fought so hard to not want me. I sighed getting out of bed and being careful not to wake Ellie up. Since today was officially the end of my life as I know it, Ellie decided she and I needed to have a slumber party. I was really grateful for her and being able to talk to her about what I was feeling really helped clear my mind. She had told me all about her mate, Derek, and it seemed I wasn't the only one having trouble adjusting. I didn't understand why the fairy tale we all anticipated had turned into such a nightmare. I got a duffel bag out from under my bed and began packing my clothes in it. I was dreading having to see Jackson again. I had stormed away from him after our kiss, not knowing what to make of it. I couldn't tell if he was sincere or if he was just playing me like the player he is. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey sweetie," My dad entered the room with a smile on his face, he saw the sprawled out Ellie on my bed and chuckled. "Did you sleep well?"

I shrugged, feeling queasy. "I know Ellie did."

I continued emptying out pajama  drawer. My dad leaned on the door frame. "Sophie, I know your nervous, but I'm sure you and Jackson will be able to work it out." I laughed at that thought, I knew he was just trying to comfort me but I knew being Jackson's mate was going to be no easy task. Ellie stirred in her sleep and stretched as she woke up.

"Good morning, Beta Thompson!" Ellie yawned out as she sat up.

"Good morning Ellie." My dad put his hands in his pockets and smiled sadly at me. "Breakfast is ready."

I nodded and looked at my stuffed duffel bag. Dad picked it up and kissed my forehead before heading downstairs. 

"This has got to be the most fucked up situation you could have possibly been in."

"Good morning to you too, Ellie!" I rolled my eyes. As if I didn't already know, Jackson's pack territory was about 8 hours away from my own. Not being able to see my parents or friends had a part of me dying, especially knowing how Jackson was. Ellie and I made our way downstairs as the smell of waffles, eggs, and bacon wafted into my room. If you think that smells good, imagine how it smells to werewolves. I sat down with my family, we talked, choosing to ignore the fact I was about to leave. Not quite ready to say goodbye.  Once we were done eating, Ellie and I picked up the plates. I set a stack of them on the counter to start washing them, as I turned on the faucet and picked up a sponge, my chest began feeling tight, I gripped the edges of the counter as I felt my vision begin to blur.

"Sophie? what's wrong?" Ellie rushed over to me. I felt like I couldn't breathe, Ellie held me as I began to feel myself falling to the ground. My heart was pounding, my wolf threatened to come out as my body sensed we were panicking. Maybe this was all too much for me to handle, I shut my eyes trying to calm myself down as I felt myself retreat to the back of my mind.

I heard my dad, in a hushed voice telling me it was going to be okay. I felt Ellie hug me tightly, "Why is this happening right now?" I heard her say.

I opened my eyes to see my dad shifting uncomfortably. "Well it could be because of the moon ceremony, and the recently developed bond between Sophie and Jackson"

Ellie sat up, "What do you mean?"

My dad sighed heavily, "Well the magic that binds each wolf to their mates during the ceremony, heightens their abilities to be more attuned to their mate in order to strengthen the bond."

"So she's feeling this way because Jackson's doing something that might betray their bond?" My dad nodded grimly.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, the world seemed to turn dark. The last thing I heard was Ellie say "That fucking bastard."

Jackson's P.O.V

"Mhmmm Jackson." the skinny blonde moaned under me as I deepened the kiss. I could feel my wolf become restless.

We shouldn't be doing this, what about our mate?

She's your mate, not mine. I growled out in frustration. The whole night I had dreams of that tiny little brunette and all the things my wolf planned to do to her. It was sickening me, I had called Katie- or was it Katrina? To relieve me of the stress I've been having. We had been going at it like bunnies all morning. Part of me felt guilty, the other felt angry. I didn't want to have to settle down, I didn't want to feel the pain of losing a mate like my dad had. My mom had betrayed my father with the beta of our pack. She ran away, telling lies to other packs about domestic abuse. Ever since then my dad had done the best he could to raise me and my younger brother, Chad, as best as he could. I thought it was best to not have a mate, I didn't need one. Kate/katrina got up and started getting dress.

"It's too bad you were mated to that little bitch, It should of been me, I would of made a great Luna to your pack." she purred as she planted a kiss on my cheek before heading to the window and sneaking out. Yeah right. I walked up to the window as I watched her go, today was the day I would go back to my pack's territory.  I groaned, slowly putting my clothes on and I'd have to take Sophia with me.

Sophia P.O.V

I found myself in bed, the events that had occured in the kitchen slowly replayed in my head. Throwing my legs to the side of the bed, I stood up at the sound of the door bell ringing. Crap, thats probably Jackson and his father. Butterflies started fluttering in my stomach. I scolded myself for feeling even a bit excited. "Sophie!" I heard Ellie yell as she ran up the stairs, "Satan is waiting at the door for you."  

"Very funny Ellie." I sighed and sat down on my bed for one last time.  I just had to be strong, I thought trying to give myself a pep talk. Ellie came into my room and laid down beside me.

"Can't we just hide like we did when we were little." Ellie chuckled. I fell back laying next to her, remembering how we would hide in the closet whenever our parent's said it was time to go home as children. Always hoping they wouldn't find us  to be able to keep playing and hanging out.

Ellie hugged me, "Look, Derek's pack isn't that far from Jackson's, if anything you can and stay there" I hugged Ellie back, "Thank you, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for always being there for me"

Ellie smiled, as she pulled back from the hug. "Of course!"

Ellie and I went downstairs arm in arm. Charles was helping my dad load my bags and Jackson was looking as unhappy as he did when he found out who he was mated to. Ellie glared at Jackson who hadn't even made the effort to get out of the car. Charles gave my dad a pat on the back before giving us some time to say goodbye.  

"Bye daddy" I said as I was enveloped in a bear hug. 

"I'm going to miss you, but I know things will work out, you know you can call me if you ever need anything."  My dad squeezed my hand as I went to say my final goodbye to my best friend. Tears ran down our faces as we hugged.

"Remember what I said before, ok?" I nodded as I pulled away, "I'm going to miss you." I got into the backseat of the car and waved. Eventually My dad and Ellie got smaller and smaller. I looked at my reflection in the window, my eyes were slightly puffy. I caught Jackson's eyes in the side mirror. His blue eyes softened, looking away, I put my headphones on. I didn't need his pity.

This was going to be a long ride.

___________________  

Thoughts? Let me know by commenting below!