Chapter 14: Always at my side

Sophie's P.O.V

Piercing my body with the dagger, I watched as my chest began to glow, there was a tug and suddenly I was being pulled back into my body. A wave of relief flowed through me as I kept still, trying to adjust myself after what had happened. Melanie was my mother yet there was no feelings of love, just hatred. Even then she had said she wanted to protect me from the life ahead of me, she kept saying I didn't belong here. I guess she was right, I was way too violent when I was in my night-walker form. I wouldn't be able to control myself and who knows who I'd hurt. I tried sitting up and winced at how sore my muscles felt. Jackson and Isabella were at my side in no time.

"How do you feel?" Jackson asked, his blue eyes filled with concern. I felt a lump form in my throat and I hugged him with all the strength I had. I had him so much pain, not only physically but emotionally. I almost killed him and he still cared.

"I'm so sorry." I choked out, tears ran down my face. "I missed you so much, I was so scared, I-I thought I was dead." I felt Jackson tightened his grip around my waist.

"It's ok, you're here now. That's all that matters." He whispered quietly. Isabella smile at me as I gave her a thankful look. She simply nodded before heading out of the tunnel. Jackson carried me all the way back to my room and laid me down on the bed. He stared at me, brushing a strand of hair away from my face.

"I missed you so much." He said before letting his lips crash into mine. The time spent away from each other quickly caught up to us as the feeling of desire consumed us both. Jackson pulled away, his lustful eyes gazing at me, "Are you sure?"

I nodded as I pulled Jackson back into me. All the craziness that had happened slipped away from my mind as me and my mate finally became one.

Chad's P.O.V

I saw Isabella, Jackson, and Sophie once I reached the tunnel. Jackson nodded his head at me, and I smiled slightly back as I hugged Isabella.

"I'm glad everything worked out" I said as I pulled away, "and I'm sorry for underestimating you" I gave Bella a sheepish smile. She smirked and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You know, you should never underestimate a werewolf hunter" She said before leaning in and softly brushing her lips against mine. She suddenly let go and started walking towards the forest of trees. What a tease. I rolled my eyes and caught up to her.

"Where do you think your going?"

"I still have some unfinished business with Serena" She smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "I think it'd be better if you stayed here" I followed her into the woods anyway. She may be tough with all those weapons but she was still human plus she was my mate.

"You sure are bad at following orders"

I smirked at Isabella, and quickly pulled her into me, "I'm an Alpha, I don't follow orders, I give them" Isabella rolled her eyes and attempted to playfully punch me, I chuckled when it resulted in her hurting her hand. I grabbed her hand and kissed it softly, "That wasn't very smart" I smiled as Isabella huffed and continued to walk towards the direction in which Serena was at.

A tent came into view and Isabella and I quickly entered it. Sure enough, a defeated looking Serena was sitting on the ground, she looked up and smiled slightly. "Come here to kill me off?" Isabella smiled back at Serena as she took out her bow and a purple tipped arrow.

"No, I've got something better for you" Isabella stood tall as she aimed the arrow at Serena, "This arrow has been dipped in Wolfs bane, which as you should know very well, is poisonous to normal wolves like you" Isabella released the arrow and I felt my wolf cringe as Serena was hit with the wolfsbane, Serena's eyes glowed yellow as she howled in pain.