15

Captain America looks at the time on the wall. 30 minutes of Hermione's interrogation has started. How long does it take to do an interrogation? One? Two? He can't be so sure since there's no exact time taken.

He estimated that the boys must be up for now or at least while he's going there. He looks around the open area he's standing. Seeing no silhouette of  Fury makes him let out a sigh of relief. He smiles inside. This is the perfect time to begin his task.

Quickly he starts walking towards Hermione's ward room where the boys are still kept in. Every discreet step he takes it feels as if he's stomping out in his ears. The blood rushes in his veins like a waterfall making him feels dizzy. His breath is quick as if he's gasping for fresh oxygen in the headquarter. He's gone into thousands of missions but none of them requires to free people in the Avengers building. In other word, it makes him feel nervous.

It seems like forever to go there, but in no time he reaches there. Steve doesn't aware how it happened like that. It's like magic. As he stands in front of the grey door, he puts his palm on a palm-detector screen, a laser-like light scans his palm print. After three seconds, the door slides open.

As he enters he sees Harry is lying down on Hermione's unmade hospital bed while his other friends sit by the window. They look like they're sleeping but they're not. Looking at how their eyelids flutter, Steve knows they try to sleep.

"Boys," he calls. All the boys quickly get up upon hearing the captain's voice.

"Captain?"

"You ready?" Steve asks as he looks at the boys one by one, who by now are standing in front of him.

Niall, Louis and Liam nod excitedly. "We are, yeah," they answer quite in unison.

Steve gives a curt nod at them before turning to Harry. "Harry, you ready?" he asks the green-eyed boy.

Harry glances at his friends, his eyes look distant. He nods reluctantly. "Yeah," he answers in a low voice.

Steve keeps his gaze at Harry for a few seconds as if asking Harry what's the matter. But the talk boy only shrugs his shoulders. Steve can tell something's not right with Harry but whatever happens, he'll stick to the plan. He doesn't want to see any of the boys in the headquarter any longer knowing that they're innocent.

"Good, now come follow me."

They exit the ward room warily, following Captain America close behind. They try not to make much noise including their footsteps. Only once in a while they -- Niall, Louis and Liam -- will whisper to each other as their eyes wander around the metallic hallway. It looks surreal that there is a building that made by steel and alloy and... whatever.

Steve has taken a walk in the hallway more than he can count. The boys has also walked in the hallway for a few times, but it still amaze them in some ways. In some ways, they're still wondering if the headquarter is all made of metals, if the headquarter fits for all the agents who work there, if all the equipments used in the headquarter are real because they never seen one the high-tech electronic devices before. It's beyond their minds.

While Niall and Louis and Liam follow Captain America like a spy -- like a real spy you see in the TV with the tiptoes and all that -- Harry at the far back seems not in the mood to play along with them. For once, the childish Harry is serious. For once, he thinks this isn't a game like what his friends see in their minds. Even Liam seems to have more fun than him when it's supposed to be otherwise.

Harry follows Steve and his friends like a normal person walks. His hands are hidden in his jeans and he's walking with his shoulders slumped. He looks like he's taking a walk in the park instead of on a mission of fleeing. He doesn't look afraid or worried at all.