19

Tony's heart breaks as he watches his daughter being carried away by one of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. As he walks farther and farther, Tony feels as if they're taking her away from him again because it reminds him of the day when the teenage boy came and saving her. It's just the same way only different time. Even after months, he can't forget it. Or even if he can, he doesn't want to. He wants the memory to stick in his mind like a tattoo so that it will be his reminder not to let Hermione go again no matter what.

The shootings, screamings, and stompings are done. Once they succeeded bringing Hermione down, the mansion becomes silence -- except maybe the voices of two or three agents ordering the boys to enter the Jeeps to bring them to the headquarter. Other than that, the only faded noises are the boots when they walk and the sound of shattering glasses on the floor ringing as they step on them. Besides that, it's nothing.

While the agents are busy doing their work, Tony takes his time standing still on his spot where he battled with Hermione. Oh, was he really having a battle with his daughter? Did she really shooting her rifle at him? On the chest? Did she really do that? My God. Tony didn't believe what happened. He didn't know what he was witnessing on Hermione... or Helen. Now he knows why Helen stubbornly wants to be called Hermione.

Tony looks around the room seeing the mess he made. Paper works are scattering on the tiled floor, wooden table and shelves and chairs are dislocated and wrecked. Dusts and pieces of shredded curtains linger in the air around him as the wind blows through the big open window. Tony lifts up his face, slowly walks towards the edge of the floor, peering down the ground.

The young man he threw out the window is not there anymore but he can still see his body vividly there. The image of Hermione crying beside him and how she turned into a monster once she saw Tony also because of him. The young man. It's because of him that she acted as if she's out of her mind. It's because of him she pulled the trigger non-stop. It's because of him that she said she hates Tony.

Tony's mind suddenly wonders what about that young man that could quickly turn his daughter into a different person. He must be someone to her. If he's not then what makes her acted like that?

He looks down at the papers on the floor. And quickly collects them before they flew away in the wind.

~

Tony slows down as he lowers carefully. A big helicopter landing pad are wide opened for him, welcoming the everage-height man like it is made for him. A famous Avengers logo is drawn elegantly on the landing pad. But who cares about them? People want to know what Tony did.

When he lands on the pad on top of the Avengers headquarter, his heart becomes heavier. He knows starting from now on, he has to start to find a way to fix the relationship that he hasn't found between him and Helen... Hermione... his daughter. He doesn't know how if it's going to work but he knows it's going to be tough. He doesn't know if Hermione/Helen still loves the same thing she loved back then. But he knows she loves Harriette. Maybe she can be the bait.

Tony only took a few steps towards the indoor entrace with his metal mask under his armpit when he is approached by Director Fury. His long black uniform tail waves behind him as he walks, his eyes narrowing under the direct sun.

"Good job, Tony!" Fury congratulates the Iron Man as loud as he can. His voice muffled with the sound of a helicopter behind them, stinging their ears.

Tony didn't reply anything. Fury looks invisible to Tony's eyes. He walks with his eyebrow knitted together, angry.

"Don't give up yet, Stark," Fury encourages, making him scoffs. "She's still yours."

"What do you know about giving up?" Tony asks in a flat voice.

Fury doesn't know how to answer that question because he knows whatever the "giving up feeling" he feels can't be compared with Tony's. Therefore, he chooses to stay shut.

Tony has reached a door of elevators. He presses the down button and only a few seconds after that the door opens and he enters, leaving Fury.

"As you said, Nick," he says after turning around in the elevator. "She's mine. So this time, I am handling her," he warns.

Manual dedication to @Maurders_Potter90!