18

After five months

There's a knock on the door.

"Hermione, are you in there?" asks someone on the other side of the door. His voice muffled behind the wooden door.

She's standing in front of her long mirror. While pulling the zip up to her chest, Hermione turns her head over her shoulder to where the door is located. Her eyebrow raised, wondering what Aaron wants. "Just a second!" she shouts.

While readying herself as fast as possible -- pushing her hair up and tie it into a ponytail -- she kicks her dirty clothes to the side, mumbling these and thats, complaining to herself about how messy her room is. All her books that she hasn't finished reading are all over the floor in various types of flips. Sometimes she stumbles with her laziness to put them back on the shelves. She doesn't know what's wrong with her that even after months passed since the event, she cannot concentrate her mind into her reading materials. Everytime she reads, it will remind her back to the Avengers. And him.

There's a knock again.

"Hermione?"

"Wait! Wait!" Hermione groans and jumps over the barriers -- the books. Since she has a big room like a chamber, it is quite a long way to get to her main bedroom door.

A knock again.

Irritated, she reaches the handle bar and opens the door in a swift movement. "What?!" Hermione hisses at Aaron Rooster.

The boss looks at her with a question look with a smirk at the corner of his lip. "You look... like you'd run a marathon." He laughs, eyeing Hermione up and down.

That girl heaves for breaths, her forehead forms a little sweat and it trickles down to her neck. Her nose flares, catching the air to maintain her breathings.

"Quite," Hermione admits. She leans her body in between the spaces of the door and the frame, so Aaron won't see what's in her bedroom.

"What's up? I am almost ready. Can't you just meet me downstairs?" she enquires.

Aaron sighs. "I can't that's why I am here," he tells Hermione. "I have training session with the new boys so I can't be there when you leave."

Hermione nods as she chews her lower lip. "So?"

"Oh, uh." Aaron rubs the back of his neck, looking nervous. "I just came to tell you to that... I- I want you to know that... I- um." Aaron stutters while avoiding Hermione's eyes.

The girl laughs. Looking at Aaron acting like that that's very unusual of him. "Come on, Aaron, what do you want to tell me?" she asks, tilting her head to the side in wonder. "Please be quick. I don't have much time."

Aaron didn't respond; instead, she looks at Hermione deep into her eyes.

Hermione frowns. "Aaron?" She waves her hand in front of his face. "Hey, Aaron. You better not acting this way because I have a lot to do before I am going away."

Aaron still didn't respond.

Hermione sighs. "Okay. I'll get back inside." She turns around and about to closes the door when Aaron quickly grabs her hand. Hermione looks down at it with confusion. "Er, Aaron?"

"I am sorry, Hermione," he appologises without reasons. But his hand is still grabbing Hermione's hand delicately. "I just want you to know that I am proud of you. And I didn't want to touch the sensitive part but my Dad is proud of you too," he tells the sweet girl deep from inside his heart.