chapter three

It was an hour before dawn when Hermione and Severus were ready. They had been armed with new names, new lives and identities. She was Lacey Hunter, a twenty five year old fashion designer with abstract ideas and he was Hugh Hunter, a thirty nine year old blacksmith. They were married, and had been for almost four years. Minerva had planned everything about their lives to the hair, which made Severus strangely concerned- had she planned this before?

Hermione had been surprised when they were told that they must pretend to be married. She would have objected but the idea of being Severus's spouse made her feel safe and she didn't mind being his wife for a couple of days.

Severus had felt fire inside his stomach at the suggestion, however he kept a calm face and agreed.

They were now waiting at the school gates.

"I think short hair suits you," Hermione said absent-mindedly, "It makes your face look nicer." As soon the words left her lips, she clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Oh..I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that your face was bad before, no it was actually quite handsome-" She clamped her hand over her mouth again in embarrassment.

Severus was amused. He had not seen anyone blush such a deep red before. It was funny to watch her embarrass herself. She was slumped against the door with her palms covering her face.

"Get up Miss Granger, I assure you, I am flattered that you would think me handsome." Severus smirked and pulled out a hand for Hermione.

She obliged and got up. She had never felt so hot and embarrased in all her life. She also had never thought of Severus as handsome but now she was beginning to see a sort of sexiness and appeal about his demeanor.

"When are we going to leave? That blasted woman has me faking a name, not to mention having a new identity but she cannot come on time to meet us?" ranted Severus. He was freezing to the core. No longer wearing his layered robes, they had been replaced by a emerald sweater and a white dress shirt.

Overall, Severus had concluded that he looked terrible in his muggle clothing. Hermione had thought that he looked rather dashing in his clothes, and with that haircut, he could easily be believed to be in his late thirties.

"Have I kept you waiting?" a voice echoed. Minerva silently walked through the corridor. Severus noticed that she had a faint smile on her lips. Was she not at all upset or worried about the current situation at hand?

"We must get going Minerva if we are to catch our culprit any time within the next decade." He said sarcastically, and picked up the suitcase with all his belongings in.

"You can apparate from Hogwarts but not too far, you must take the train to London, that way you will avoid suspicion. I've bought tickets for you and I've booked you a room at a bed and breakfast nearby. I trust you've got the hair Hermione?" Minerva asked. Hermione nodded and continued to stare at the floor. She was still slightly embarrassed, not just about what she accidentally spilt, but the whole ordeal.

Hermione had liked her haircut, why wouldn't she? It was bloody gorgeous and she loved that the weight that used to be on her hair had decreased. Dramatically. What she didn't like was the clothes that Ginny and Minerva had picked out for her. Apparently, fashion designers wore extrememly trendy if not very eccentric clothing.She had never been conscious of her weight but the clothes were tight and she didn't like that. For now she wore a knee length maroon skirt, a grey top and a huge parka ( an outfit which she deemed as the most suitable )

"Well, there's nothing else to say but good luck, and the place where you will be staying is called Beatrice's. Pretty place, hard to miss. I've got your replacements too, arriving today."