epilogue

December

How times had changed for Severus Snape.

Once a grumpy, sadistic sod, now he was a much happier man who could not care to show his feelings publically. He had come to see that his happiness should never be compromised, nor his feelings ever hidden from those he truly loved.

Which was why today was probably the most nerve-wrecking day of his life.

"Sev, you're looking a bit tense. Are you okay?" Hermione enquired from her seat in their chamber. She had moved in with Severus a few weeks after the dance and Severus was absolutely delighted.

"I'm perfectly fine Hermione." He whispered although he knew that he was extremely rigid and pretty much looked like a breathing statue. Hermione left her seat to walk up to where Severus was standing.

"Sit down and let me give you a massage." Hermione bossily commanded and pulled Severus's sleeve. He caught on and sat down on one of the many comfy seats scattered around his room. He wasn't entirely sure when his chambers had become so homely but ever since Hermione had arrived, he felt much more aware of their relationship.

Hermione giggled as she slowly massaged Severus's shoulders, moving her hands in a circular motion.

"Woman, your hands are astonishing." He sighed as she worked to make his stressed shoulders slightly less tense. The giggle Hermione gave had his heart beating quickly, the same feeling he felt everytime his beautiful woman laughed.

"There, much better." Hermione kissed his neck gently before sliding herself into his lap. She came face to face with him, and gave him a small kiss.

It was moments like this that Severus truly loved and had grown to cherish. His beautiful Hermione could be so damn adorable sometimes, making his poor old soul ache.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are adorable?" Severus kissed her nose lightly and Hermione giggled.

"I have been told that a few times but thank you," She replied cheekily, moving off his lap.

"I've got to go. You see, I keep having these thoughts about the library and-"

"Later then? I've booked the Astronomy Tower. I knew you wanted time alone there. Just us."

Hermione kissed him slowly before running out of the room yelling about some book that she needed to desperately read.

Now all he had to do was get his plan together for tonight and hope everything would go just right.

///

Severus had never sweated so much in his life. Up in the Astronomy Tower he had set up a telescope for Hermione to stargaze with and a small blanket to lay on together. The ring was placed in the pocket of his frock, concealed.

Tonight he would become the happiest wizard on Earth.

He lay on the blanket, eyes shut and breathing slowly. He had been so fortunate to gain her love, all of it, unhinged and strong. After a lifetime of regret and karma, Severus was finally happy.

Hermione saw Severus laying peacefully on the ground, she admired his strong features and his black hair that framed his face before coughing to gain his attention. He opened his eyes and smiled gently. She slipped off her shoes and joined him on the blanket, lacing his fingers with hers.

"Hello." She said timidly.

"My Angel," He brought her fingers to his mouth and kissed her knuckles gently.

"How has your day gone?" He asked quietly whilst slowly caressing her hand. Hermione made a phmph noise and giggled girlishly. Severus laid down, pulling Hermione with him. Her head was positioned cosily on his chest and his arm was draped around her small frame.