chapter eleven

present

"Patrick Huth? Are you sure?" Severus could not quite believe that a Hogwarts student was capable of doing this, not alone at least. Hermione remained adamant that it was Patrick, after all, she had seen the computer first hand and there was no way that she had made a mistake.

"Yes. I saw the screen and it had his name. He must have done it Severus and it explains how he got into school, I mean, there's not much getting in if you're already there."

That was right. If it was Patrick Huth who had done it then it did explain how he gotten into school but she really did not want it to be him.

"We have to confront him." Severus said aloud what they had both been thinking. It was inevitable. They would have to confront Huth and when the time came they would have to deal with him accordingly. Severus was confused as to how and why the boy would kidnap muggleborns. He got up and walked around the room. Hermione was sat on the chair with her hands covering her face.

"You're right. We have to do something. I mean we were teaching that kid a few weeks ago."

She got up from her seat and walked over to Severus's suitcase. She pulled out a huge top and turned to him.

"Remind me to kill Minerva when I see her next. Can I borrow your shirt? This dress is murder." The dress was becoming uncomfortable and so when Severus gave her the seal of approval, she crossed his path and into the bedroom. Around a minute later, she left the room and presented herself to him in just his shirt.

"Much better. Now, what are we going to do about Patrick? I say we go over to his room and take him." Hermione tousled her brown hair into a messy nest. She was beginning to miss her old hair, however tangled it was.

Just after Hermione sat down, a small, white note was slid underneath the door. Severus leaned away from his seat trying to catch a glimpse of the object, unknown yet to him what it was. He stood up and walked to the note, swiftly picking it up. It was adressed to Mr and Mrs Hunter.

"What's that?" She asked curiously. Severus cleared his throat and began reading.

"I hear that the La Fiaccola is very popular. Nice cuisine, fine wine. Go there tonight and await my next message or say goodbye to another student."

"Fine wine? I've had wine that has been older than him." Severus remarked with a look of disgust on his face. Hermione agreed but then groaned loudly. Severus looked at her alarmed and she giggled lightly.

"I'm okay, it's just now I'll have to wear one of those blasted dresses." Hermione went off to her bag, knowing that with this new information found, they would be leaving to this restaurant as quickly as they could. She pulled out a black dress from the bag, and paired it with some flat shoes that she found right at the bottom. She came out of the room quickly, with a few tears in her eyes.

"What's the matter Hermione? Are you crying?" Severus asked with a tone of concern. Hermione laughed cheerfully, before saying,

"I found some flat shoes." She held up the shoes like they were a trophy and Severus shook his head in a teasing manner. He put an arm around her waist as they stepped away from their room.

////

La Fiaccola restaurant was spledidly radiant. It was located on a quiet road near a shopping centre. It's location may not have been ideal it was beautiful. It was dark, mysterious and lit up with a single row of lights across the top.

The inside was magnificent. There were rows of tables made from the finest wood, there was a small string quartet playing softly in one corner of the room and the whole place was candlelit.