chapter nineteen

The Great Hall looked like an explosion of pink fireworks. It was ghastly and horrific, Severus looked pained to even be in the Hall and when he asked Minerva to tell him what possessed her into making the castle look like a three year old girl's bedroom, she told him that it was Hermione's idea.

Damn that little minx!

Hermione casually strolled into the Great Hall. She laughed internally at the sight of huge, pink banners with the words 'love' and 'be mine forever' on them, at the enchanted ceiling which had changed to blooming flowers but her smile grew into a grin when she saw Severus's glare.

She walked up to the table, sitting down, and grabbing a plate. She buttered a piece of toast and tucked in, gaining satisfaction from listening to Severus's complaints.

"I'm terribly sorry Professor, do you dislike the decorations? I found them rather stunning to be perfectly honest." She teased, watching Severus give her a sneer.

"They are absolutely hideous and vile." He remarked from the other side, secretly amused but showing an ugly face to the table. Neville Longbottom, mouth filled with cereal, sniggered, then after receiving a glare from Severus, he shut up.

Severus rose from his seat, and swiftly left, seeing a few beady eyes watching him from the student tables. He strode off towards, Hermione presumed, his office. She watched him gracefully glide, admiring his long and slender legs as he left the Hall.

"I cannot wait to see Severus at the dance tonight. Hermione, have any idea what it will be like now that, you know, you have something going on?" Professor Gretchely smirked and Neville smiled warily, shoving bits of cereal into his mouth.

Hermione had not taken much thought into what she and Severus were. They were in love, they truly were but did that make them partners?

"I'm sure entirely what you mean Professor, I know that Severus will be attending, he might even dance once or twice, but I'm not sure really, sorry about that Professor." Hermione said with an innocent smile. She stepped away from her seat and followed Severus out, listening to the table's chit chat regarding her relationship with Severus.

She needed to clear up a few thoughts in her head about them. What exactly were they?

Partners? Girlfriend and boyfriend ( she thought that was absolutely horrendous and that Severus would never use the term 'boyfriend' as a title for himself ).

The corridors were empty as Hermione strolled towards the potion classroom. Lessons might have been cancelled, but that wouldn't stop Severus from spending the day in his classroom and lab, brewing various potions for himself or Madam Pomfrey.

She swiftly turned and stood face to face with his door. After a few knocks and a grunt from the other side, Hermione let herself in.

"Hermione, what are you doing here?" He asked with a small smile. Hermione grinned at him, her smile causing him to close his eyes softly and smile wider.

"I love your smile so much." She leaned against his desk, letting him place a kiss softly against her lips.

"Mmm," He began, cupping her cheek and kissing her again. "Is that what you came here to say?" He questioned whilst stepping back from the astonishingly beautiful woman in front of him.

"What are we?" She said blatantly as he ran his tongue over his lip. His back slightly tensed and his eyes pierced through hers.

"I love you Hermione-"

"Yes I know Severus and I love you too, much more than I ever thought I could, it's just what are we?"

Severus put a strand of his black hair behind his ear. He hadn't known that she was thinking about this. He had plans, certainly, he knew that now he had Hermione he was never going to let her go, as long as she loved him sincerely.