Chapter Thirty-Four

''We'll have to run back, it would take too long to walk the whole way.'' Josh answered my question of how we would be getting 'home', and it wasn't necessarily the answer I wanted. Although, I couldn't control the pleasure that shot through me at the thought of Aiden holding me again.

Whether I liked it or not, there was something about my Master that helped me in some of the worst situations. He just seemed to make my worries less worrying, if that made any sense.

''There're only three vampires though, and four humans. No offence, but I'm pretty certain that humans won't be able to keep up, so you have to catch a ride.'' Millie spoke; I imagined that she wasn't too fond of the idea that she must carry at least one of us, especially with Silvia and Cami being pretty untrustworthy.

''I don't mind waiting; it would just be a case of hiding around here somewhere whilst the rest of you head back. As long as you don't leave me here through the night, then I'll be good.'' It felt like my duty to suggest that, but it was the truth that I didn't really mind. It would definitely give me some time to get my thoughts in order.

''No, you can't be the one to wait. It's too dangerous.'' Aiden immediately closed me down, and by that I mean he left no room for argument.

However, I wasn't going to allow either Cami or Silvia to be anywhere where they could accumulate some sort of plan. There would be no way that they could attack any of us when in the presence of all of the vampires or at the mansion. Also, Rose couldn't stay as I was beginning to doubt whether she actually was holding up well. She had fallen silent, the colour in her cheeks completely gone.

I had no reason to go back first, the others could be put before me whether Aiden liked it or not.

''Aiden, you need to take one of the others back first. I'll be absolutely fine.'' I wasn't sure what his reasons were for why he didn't want me to stay, but it just seemed sensible that I be the one left behind for the time being. After all, it proved that he would be back for me if he didn't want me to stay in the first place.

When it came to leaving the others, I wasn't so sure that anybody would be back to bring them to the mansion.

''This isn't the time for arguments, I'll take Rose because she is my slave and you two can take your pick out of the two long lost sisters.'' Josh surprisingly took charge, though I was grateful for his support in this.

''Great, well, I'll take Cami since she came down here with me. Which leaves you with Silvia.'' Millie spoke to Aiden, who didn't seem happy with the idea, but at least he hadn't continued our little dispute.

Cami seemed slightly disappointed, which raised my spirits to some extent, as Millie lifted her in to her arms. It looked pretty silly considering Cami was somewhat taller and yet Millie could take her full weight. Shortly after, Josh took a tired looking Rose into his arms and cradled her like he had once before. Aiden awkwardly copied his movements with Silvia, who was refusing to cooperate which made it a little more difficult. Aiden forced her to be still, his grip looking a little tighter than was necessary as she scowled up at him.

''I will be back as soon as I can. Just please, don't do anything stupid like wonder around looking for trouble.'' Aiden seemed genuinely concerned.

I scoffed half-heartedly, ''Since when have I ever gotten myself into any trouble?''

With one last smirk, he was gone with the others following close behind.

The silence fell heavily once they'd all disappeared, setting me on edge. The woods surrounding me felt ominous, despite the evening light still managing to shine through the leaves. Alone, this place seemed a lot more menacing, but I knew that it would be cowardly to show Aiden how terrified I really was.