Chapter Four - Freedoms Flame

Mikoto walked through the rubble of what had been a wall just moments before. With a quick swipe of his hand, he sent another one of the strains flying into a wall. He could hear a cracking sound as the strain made contact, then slumped to the floor no longer moving. Looking around he could see his own clansman and the blues fighting with the endless stream of strains that seemed to poor out. 'This is going to take forever at this rate...' Mikoto thought. "Get down!" he yelled then blasted a massive wave of his aura through the area. His clansmen dodged while Reisi Munakata, the blue king, managed to put a protective shield around the blues just in time as all the strains we hit by Mikotos aura, leaving them severely burnt and unconscious.

"Really Souh, you need to be more careful. You nearly killed my men." Reisi sighed.

"I didn't." he stated, and then continued forwards with the rest of HOMRA. 'Izumo, Yata, we're coming.'

- - -

Izumo limped down the halls, trailing just behind Yata. Pain shot through his leg with each step, and Izumo could feel it getting worse. Whatever muscles those strains had managed to tear when they stabbed him were continuing to rip even further. They clearly know what they had been doing. This fact made Izumo all the more worried about Yata. After all, the boy had been stabbed in a far more dangerous area than he had and had already lost large amounts of blood. To make matters worse, he insisted on carrying the girl despite the obvious fact that he was in a great deal of pain.

The girl stirred and opened her eyes, looking up at Yata who was carrying her bridal style.

"...Ya..." the girl said, she then looked around and her eyes focused on Izumo "Mo!" the girl said, a smile spread across her features. The two boys were mesmerised by her expression.

"A-a-are you okay? F-feeling a-any b-better?" Yata stuttered speaking first. The girl grunted while nodding her head which Izumo figured was a yes.

"Thank you for your help. Yata told me what you did, so thanks" Izumo said. The girl looked happy and a blush spread across her cheeks.

"We're going to get you out of here, so just leave the rest to..." Izumo was cut off by a man walking towards them, clapping slowly. It was the insane man from before.

"I have to admit, I'm impressed that you were able to get out of the cages. Getting my pet to help you? Genius! To think HOMRA would be able to bring out little 1's powers!!! I was right to lock the two of you I'm there with her." the man nodded while holding his chin. "Now... be good and give her back." the man said, threat laced into his words.

"Hey, Mr Kusanagi." Yata said turning to Izumo. "Hold onto her for a minute okay? I gotta teach this basterd a lesson." Izumo was about to argue but with one look at Yata's face he simply nodded and took the girl into his arms. The girl grunted, and tried to free herself and reached out for Yata to stop him.

"Well, well. It looks like 1 has grown attached to you." the man said. "That's unfortunate. I had intended to let the two of you become my pets but it seems that I'll have to kill you."

"You're not getting her back you sick basterd!!!" Yata yelled striking at the man with his fist surrounded by his aura. The man dodged with ease as Yata continued to attack him with a flurry of punches and kicks. 'With his wound, Yata's to slow to even lay a finger on him on his own...' Izumo thought. He then placed the girl down and joined in the one sided fight. Even with Izumo's help, they boys were unable to land a blow on the man who moved with insane amounts of speed. With two quick kicks the man sent both flying into the wall. With a laugh he pulled out a gun.

"Ya! Mo!" the girl cried

"Oh?" The man said "So you can speak again can you? Well that's interesting." He then turned and began beating the two boys when they tried to hit him again. The girl was now crying watching the two.

"Ya! Mo!" the girl cried, crawling closer.

"Stay back!" Yata yelled at her, causing her to freeze in place.

"Ya..." the girl said.

"It's okay." Izumo reassured he, slowly pulling himself back up "We'll protect you, so don't worry about us."

"Mo..."

"They'll die pet." the man said. "But tell you what, come with me and I'll let them live." The girls eyes grew wide and began flicking between her "master" and the boys.

"Now," he said walking closer "Be a good girl and come with your master. That's it, come with master and..."

"Don't you touch her!" Yata sad throwing himself between the two. "You don't own her! She's not some pet, she's a girl! I'm not letting a monster like you hurt her ever again."

Man the clicked his tounge and kicked Yata into a wall. Walking over he grabbed his head and began repeatedly bashing his face into the thick metal.

"Yata!" Izumo ran towards the man but froze at the sound of a gun shot. Looking down he saw red begin to spread across his already filthy white shirt. He felt his legs give out and he fell to the ground. He could hear voices calling out around him but the were muffled, as though they were so very far away. He then felt a pair of arms wrap around him, and the last thing he saw was a pair of green eyes before darkness over took him...

---------------------------------------------------------
Author Note

Will Izumo survive? Or is this his final battle? Will help reach them in time? Or will Yata find the power to fight on? Find out in the next chapter, "Starlit Tears"!

As always, please let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Hinode out, Peace!