Chapter Eight - First their were ribbons, then their were none.

One week later

Anna looked up at the half asleep man that was sitting next to her on the couch. After a moment she shook his arm to wake him.

"Hmm?" Mikoto grunted looking at the small girl.

"Mikoto, can we buy Aimi a dress?" she asked. Mikoto was surprised, but then shrugged.

"If you really want to." he said standing up "Izumo."

"Yes?" The blond asked while carefully steeping around his bar and the figure of a girl who was sleeping at his feet since Yata was on patrol. This had become such a regular occurrence despite his best efforts that Izumo ended up relinquishing and had even gotten her a large cushion to rest on.

"Anna wants to buy Aimi a dress." Mikoto stated.

"Oh, that's a good idea. In fact, if you're taking Aimi and Anna shopping then can you buy them a few outfits? Anna's grown and Aimi only has hand me downs from the boys." Izumo said while grabbing some money and handling it to Mikoto. Mikoto just stood there as Izumo woke Aimi.

"Mmm...Mo?" The girl questioned looking up at her master.

"Mikoto and Anna are going to take you shopping for clothes, okay?"

"Sss..sop...pin?"

"Nearly." Izumo said smiling gently. "Sh-o-ping."

"Sh-o-pen" Aimi said trying again.

"Better." Izumo said gently petting her hair. "I'll get easier with practice. Now, time to get going okay? Mikoto will take good care of you."

Aimi looked a little unsure but nodded and crawled towards Mikoto who then picked her up and began carrying her piggy back style while Anna walked beside the pair, leaving the bar.

Anyone walking around the streets saw a rather unusual site that day of a gruff, intimating looking many carrying a girl dressed in oversized boys clothes with a small girl in a lolita outfit walking beside him. It was surely somewhere between a caring Father/Brother watching over the two girls or a very unconventional kidnapping.

The trio finally mad it to the shopping centre and Anna dutifully walked straight to her favourite shop. When they entered Anna began looking at all the dresses, picking several out for herself in the same style she was already wearing before searching for a dress that she thought would suit Aimi. After just 5minutes, Anna returned with a red, puffy knee length dress that looked like it came straight out of a fairytale book. It had white bows and ribbons and shining imitation gems all across the neckline. Anna held it up proudly to show Aimi who looked at it in awe. Mikoto then made the mistake of placing her down so she could get a closer look. 'Play!' Aimi thought while Anna's eyes widened in horror. Before she could pull the dress to safety Aimi has already tackled it and began rolling around the floor, knocking over dress stands much to the shop keepers horror.

"My poor shop!!!"

"No!" Anna cried but Aimi was far too distracted to notice.

"Hey!" Mikoto shouted and began chasing the surprisingly fast girl around the store. After several minutes he was able to restrain the girl who looked up at him smiling.