Chapter Nine - Wiping Tears with Smiles

Aimi looked up at Izumo her heart filling with sadness. What did he mean by saying that both him AND Yata had a job to do where she couldn't follow. The girls eyes filled with tears as she tried to understand what her master had said. Why did they have to go? Why did Mikoto and Tatara have to go to? Why?

"Aimi, please don't cry." Izumo said desperately "I promise we'll be back soon okay? You just have to wait a little."

Aimi nodded, tears still in her eyes.

"Don't worry, Dewa will take good care of you so you won't be alone." Izumo said gently stroking the girls head. "You'll be a good girl for me right?"

Aimi nodded again, and crawled to sit beside Dewa to try to show her master that she would trust him and obey.

"Dewa, take good care of her okay?"

"You can count on me Izumo."

"Oh, and if Chitose lays so much as a finger on her..." Izumo said with a glear that strike fear into even the bravest man's heart as he let his aura surround him body.

"D-don't worry, he won't! Right Chitose?" Dewa quickly reassured

"Y-yeah, not a finger!" Chitose quickly agreed

"Good. Goodbye Aimi, I'll be back soon." he said smiling once more before leaving.

....

"Now what?" Chitose asked

"I don't know..." Dewa sighed "Well Aimi? Do you want to do anything? Hungry? Thirsty?

Aimi seemed to think for a moment before saying "Dink." looking at Chitose.

"What do you want?" he asked

"Dink."

"Oh, drink. Which one?"

"Dink."

"Yeah, but which flavour?"

"Dink"

Chitose sighed "Guess I'll just make what ever then."

"No alcohol!" Dewa called after Chitose's retreating form.

"Yeah, yeah."

Aimi looked at Dewa then at the kitchen where Chitose went, then back at Dewa. "Why no tush?"

"Tush!?!? O-oh, touch. Umm... Well because he can be a bit of a womaniser..."

"Wom-an-i-er?"

"Um, like a player?"

"Pe-lay?"

"Umm, he... he love girls bodies too much?" Aimi seemed to think about this.

"Why?"

"Why? Well, you see he got his heart hurt really bad by a girl he loved once so I guess he just is afraid to get hurt again."

Chitose then walked in, holding a cup of chocolate milk. "Tada! One cup of chocolate milk!"

"Chi..." Aimi said, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Ah?! What did I do? You don't like chocolate milk is that it? I'll get a different drink..."

Aimi crawled up to the panicing boy and yanked on his leg making him fall down spilling the milk over both of them.

"Ah?! What the..." before he could finish Aimi placed her hand on his chest as a light illuminated the area before flashing into a light so bright in engulfed the entire room."

***

Chitose looked around. He was sitting in a pure white room.