Chapter Nine

It was unavoidable now. She had to go teach him what she knew. He had just told her something she knew he hadn't told anybody else. But she didn't understand how he couldn't love. Anybody can feel love if they're presented with it.

The sun was setting and Elizabeth knew the girls would be returning soon. She went down to her dormitory and changed into a more casual blue dress, and she added a maroon sweater over it. After she slipped on a pair of black flats, she walked back out into the Common Room. Her wand was pressed against her arm inside of her sleeve.

The flames to her right brought a comforting aura as her thoughts finally relaxed. She let herself slip into a green, velvet chair and read a book about one of the most fascinating creatures in the wizarding world: dragons.

She had always been particularly fond of dragons and didn't see them as a threat to the wizard race. When she was in her first year, Baxtart's brought in a younger dragon to her Wizarding Studies class. The professors wanted to teach the children not to be afraid of such beasts and that they were nothing short of a "tongue of fire" as one professor had told them. From having the dragon in class, Elizabeth knew that they were only a threat if provoked. One time, a skinny boy named Stewart took one portion of the dragon's meal and ran about the class with it.

The dragon of course, burned all of little Stewart's hair off, and a finger. Stewart had to go to the nearest muggle hospital, for there weren't any wizarding hospitals in the United States yet. After he went to the hospital, his parents refused to send him back, as well as several other parents. At the time, since Baxtart's was recently formed, there was no wizarding government control in America. For that reason, the United Kingdom's government had to watch over. They were informed about the matter and that was the first time bad publicity was brought on Baxtart's teachings.

The second was in Elizabeth's third year when they began creating new spells, quite illegally, and teaching them to the students. The spells were cruel, inhuman, and completely terrible. None of the students wished any of the spells on their worst enemy. One parent was concerned when a student owled home and said that all of his teeth had fallen out and ran away, plunging themselves in the ocean nearby. That was the least cruel spell that those mental professors had created, but of course they said it was the only one.

The student with no teeth left the school and notified the Ministry of Magic in London. That is when the Ministry sent "chaperones" to watch over the school. These chaperones went missing within the first day and were never heard from again.

In Elizabeth's fourth year, the third and final major catastrophic event at Baxtart's was when students began disappearing. Of course, all of the students knew where they were. They were dead. Baxtart's had began forcing the children to use spells on their peers. That's when the Ministry sent in their police to capture these professors and bring them to Azkaban, a prison where the worst of the worst went.

By then it was too late. Over half of Baxtart's students were dead and never to be found again. Nearly all of Elizabeth's classmates were either dead or missing. Her eleven year old brother, Andrew, included. After all of the students were sent home, it was announced Baxtart's had been shut down.

The reason Elizabeth was so reluctant to tell Tom the spells was because of Andrew. He had been killed by a spell that went inside of his mind and have him the thought that the idea of throwing himself off of the highest tower was the best idea. It was such an awful thing. Elizabeth still remembered when a sixth year had come to her dormitory and told her. She was writing an essay on how muggles had corrupted the wizarding world, not her own idea. Her room was empty due to all of her friends having been killed. He sat down next to her on her bed.