Chapter Thirty One

She and Tom sat in a locked bathroom, sitting across from each other on the cold, stone floor. Elizabeth had been healing his wounds all morning. Despite her deep hatred for him, she still cared. They sat there, not saying a word to each other. Elizabeth waved her wand over the last cut on his forehead, letting the skin close together.

"There, that's the last one on your face," Elizabeth set her wand down. Before she'd healed him, his nose was broken in two different spots, his jaw was dislocated, and there were deep cuts and gashes all over his face.

"I have some bruising on my chest and torso," Tom informed her, a smug look on his face.

"Well, they will heal naturally and I don't think anyone will see them," she told him quietly, not wanting him to take off his shirt.

He smirked and took off the sweater, still having his white button-up underneath. Tom unbuttoned it and revealed bruise after bruise upon his pale skin. "Heal me," he raised his eyebrows.

Elizabeth picked up her wand and looked over the bruises. She didn't really know how to heal them because she didn't know how painful they were.

"What's wrong, can't take your eyes off of me?" he said arrogantly.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Don't flatter yourself."

"Why are you not healing the bruises then?"

"I don't know how much they're affecting you. There's only one spell specifically for bruises, but I don't want to use it on the ones that aren't as painful," Elizabeth told him.

He raised an eyebrow, "Well go on then, touch them and I will tell you how much they hurt."

She felt her face getting hot, not from blushing, but from the sheer thought of her touching his body. Elizabeth knew he was perfectly capable of touching them himself but simply wanted to play with her emotions. "Alright," she reached her hand out and pressed lightly on the largest one. "Did that hurt very much?"

"On a scale between one and ten, I'd say that is a five," he replied.

"You'll survive if I don't heal it then?"

"I suppose," he answered, amused for whatever reason.

Elizabeth moved over to the next one that was on his collar bone, "Should I heal this one?"

"No, but I have one that has been rather painful," he told her.

"Which one?"

Tom held her hand and moved it down his torso, letting it rest at the area directly above the waist of his pants. Her hand was so close to a place she didn't want to think about. There was, however, a bruise. She lightly pressed it and Tom winced a bit. Elizabeth retracted her hand, still feeling his warm skin against her fingertips.

She held her wand closely to his skin and began healing it. The purple and green hues began to fade from the area. "Any others?"

"No, not that I need fixed. This one has been... troubling me," Tom told her in a cool tone.

"Well, you should be alright now," Elizabeth set her wand down again. She felt terrible, looking over the bruises that decorated his skin, knowing that the one she loved was the cause of them. "I really am... sorry about this," she apologized.

Tom's attention was fully on her, realizing that it could be an opportunity to intervene. "I don't know why you love him," Tom looked her in the eye.

"He has his flaws," Elizabeth defended Joshua.

"But you seem to look past that. However, it isn't that simple for me. I notice every flaw about every person I meet. Corrington is an alcoholic, for example. I noticed it the first time I encountered him drunk," Tom explained.