Chapter One.

Kumo let out a sigh of relief. Once again, she had evaded the fire nation's radar, the last thing she needed was for them to think she was the avatar.

Kumo was an air bender, she was quite sure who her mother or father were as she'd been abandoned at a very young age but she knew she was fifteen. She'd been given the name 'Kumo' after her snowy, white hair and pale, blue eyes.

Of course, Kumo had taken off from her home in the Southern Water Tribe four years ago. She'd been too different, and being there put everyone in danger. Kaze, her polar dog, whined.

Polar dogs (not to be confused with Polar Bear Dogs) a species native to the southern water tribe. She'd rescued a dying pup when she first travelled there, he was out in the snow, all alone. She tossed him a scrap of meat that was tucked into the pale, blue sash that held her white cloak on around her waist.

The loud crashing of waves against the icebergs made Kaze growl, menacingly. Kumo shot behind an outcrop of ice, Kaze bounding after her as a fire nation ship came into view. Plumes of smoke billowed from the funnel and it's vast shape cast shadows over her.

Thats when it hit her...

They were heading for the tribe. Her jaw clenched shut and all she could think was the murder of her family. Kaze sensed her unease and nudged her leg with his wet nose. She glanced down before giving him a reassuring smile, she hopped onto his back and he ran towards the village.

-

Kumo growled quietly from her place behind a nearby snow mound, Kaze crouched low, copying his master. That damn fire nation...

The large ship loomed over the fragile village, ramming straight into the village walls, the rough tremors frightened Kaze and she subdued the urge to run over and fight with the Tribe.

The front of the ship opened, forming stairs to the ground, three fire benders emerged. One of them being Price Zuko, her walking nightmare. A boy she presumed was Sokka ran at Zuko but was easily tossed into the snow. All the village men were gone...

Zuko spoke to them before roughly grabbing Gran Gran then shoving her back into Katara. They had grown up so much in her absence. Zuko and Sokka tussled for a bit, it finally got serious after Sokka's boomerang hit Zuko in the back of his head. Fire formed at his fists.

Chum shot forward at the same time someone on a penguin did, the boy wore air bender clothes.

Was he the avatar? He had to be.

He got off the penguin the same time Kumo landed swiftly on the snow, holding a black fan in her right hand. The villagers seemed to welcome the boy and called him 'Aang'. But seemed confused at her appearance. 

She supposed her war paint consisting of black smudged around her eyes and in two stripes down her cheeks and white cloak might of hidden her identity. Zuko sat on the floor, slightly dazed at being knocked over by a penguin.

"Huh, who are you?" The boy named 'Aang' asked, cautiously.

"I'm Kumo." She murmured quietly. Gran Gran gasped. "I presume you are 'Aang', the avatar."

The fire benders surrounded the two, hands out and ready to shoot flaming hot torrents of fire at them if they so decided to. Zuko got up too, glaring at both air benders, though he knew the boy was the avatar, had no idea to whom the girl could be. 

Kate stood tall in front of Sokka, Katara and Gran Gran protectively. Aang brought his staff to the left, sending a spray of wind carried snow into the three soldier on the left. Kumo followed his lead, bringing her fan across lightly to send a warning gust.