Chapter Three.

Zuko and the commander stood ready to battle each other, shirtless. Kumo didn't understand their need to be shirtless for the fight, it was just distracting. For someone of his age, only a year older then Kumo, Zuko's body was impressive. Kumo sat on ground, her legs sprawled out in an unladylike manner.

They began to fight, shooting burst of fire at each other and dodging the ones aimed at them. It was pretty boring, that was until Zuko seemed to begin to over power the commander, shooting the burning flames out of his feet.

She scrunched up her nose, she'd never like fire bending in the first place, it was so destructive and aggressive. Wind bending had always been her favourite, the fluid and swift movements entranced her. The commander was knocked back onto his back. Zuko stood over him, the commander seemed to say something to taunt him.

Zuko fired a blast of fire and she was he was going to kill him, but the shot was directed just across form his head at the ground. They spoke a bit before Zuko turned and walked away from the commander, who seemed angry.

Suddenly, he sprung to his feet, turning to shoot a ball of fire at the unsuspecting prince. Ignoring her pain, Kumo shot up, propelling herself at the blast. She reached an arm out, swinging it through the flames. They dispersed, and she stood breathing hard, but proud. Zuko seemed shocked by her sudden interference.

"What a pathetic attack." Kumo muttered, Zuko seemed to snap and tried to attack the commander but Iroh held him back. She groaned, stumbling to her knees. Her wounds seemed to be better, she'd always been a fast healer.

Iroh spoke to the commander. She glanced up slowly, a tan hand waited in front of her. She shot Zuko a questioning look before she took it, he pulled her up before wrapping an arm round her waist to support her as she could not stand on her own. Iroh gestured for them to leave, and they did. Away from that dastard camp.

-

Kumo was tempted to extinguish the candles Zuko was practicing on. 

Like really tempted...

She lifted her hand to blow them all out with one swift blast but the door creaked up, allowing light to flood into the dim room. Iroh gave her a sheepish smile and she lowered her hand, letting out a quiet huff.

"The only reason you should interrupt me is if you have any news on the avatar." Zuko sighed, cracking open his eyes. She lifted her hand and flicked it quickly. The candles extinguished. Zuko growled in annoyance before relighting the candles and shooting her a dirty look. 

"Well theres news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it." Kumo tensed, turning her pale eyes to the scroll Iroh held in his hand. "Don't be upset."

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is the sign of a good leader." Zuko reassured, Kumo snorted. "Whatever you have to say, I can take it."

"Okay then." Kumo listened intently. "We have no idea where he is."

The candles small, steady flames erupted into giant torrent of fire that spewed out of the candles and heated the room.

"What?!" Zuko growled, shooting up from his previous position on the floor. Iroh snapped open a fan, lightly fanning the air around his face. She snorted.

"You really should open a window in here." Iroh muttered. Kumo raised an eyebrow and with a flick of her wrist, the room seemed to full of fresher, cooler air. Zuko's fiery gaze flickered to her but shortly returned to his uncle.

"Give me the map!" Zuko commanded, snatching it out of Iroh's hand, much to Iroh's displeasure. Kumo got up, she stumbled slightly but leant against the wall for support. She was too weak, she couldn't escape. 

"But there have been multiple sightings of the avatar, but he is impossible to track down." Iroh explained as Zuko hastily unrolled the map, the candle light complimented his masculine features. Kumo couldn't help but admire him slightly.

"How am I going to find him, Uncle? He is clearly a master at evasive manoeuvring." Zuko scowled, staring at the map in confusion before glancing up at Kumo. "Girl, do you have any ideas to track him down?"

Kumo frowned, before gasping. She'd left Kaze! She groaned at her stupidity. Kaze could've tracked the avatar. Kaze was a polar dog, his nose extremely adept for tracking animals in extreme climates. 

"No..." She sighed, folding her arms. At the next harbour, she'd have to find him, somehow. She paused, her mind formulating an idea. "I have no use here, aren't I just a waste of food and space? You could let me go."

Zuko stared at her blankly and Iroh frowned. She didn't have any use. 

"No, you're a wind bender, even if I cannot find the avatar, you will be worth something to my father." Zuko growled. She sighed, there was her plan down the drain. "Don't even think of escaping."

"Oh, I'm thinking about it alright."

If looks could kill, she'd be six feet under...

-

She stared at the cooked fish, her stomach rumbled. How long had it been since she'd last eaten? Three days? Maybe more. Her mouth watered and she dug into the food, wolfing it down. It was so good.

"The avatar's on Kyoshi?" Zuko asked, leaping up from his seat. Kumo rolled her eyes, she just wanted to eat some damn food. "Ready the rhinos, he's not getting away this time!"

"Are you going to finish that?" Iroh asked, pointing to the delicious fish as Zuko stormed out. But he walked backwards, snatching the fish of the table.

"I was going to save it for later!" He scowled.